folder.jpg views not changing
Question 
I have used a program to get the movie info and fanart (I found it on this website but I forget the name) and place it into the movie folders. When it downloads sometimes it shows it has multiple posters that it can use as the folder.jpg. If I change from the default one right away it shows up when I view my DVD Library. BUT if I save it, then change it later, and save again, it still shows the first one I saved.

I looked directly into the folder where the movie and the specific folder.jpg is located and it is the new one I saved, not the original. So my question is why when I view the DVD Library and scroll through the thumbnails, does it not show the updated movie poster that has been saved as folder.jpg?

Thanks!
coloradocroat Wrote:I have used a program to get the movie info and fanart (I found it on this website but I forget the name) and place it into the movie folders. When it downloads sometimes it shows it has multiple posters that it can use as the folder.jpg. If I change from the default one right away it shows up when I view my DVD Library. BUT if I save it, then change it later, and save again, it still shows the first one I saved.

I looked directly into the folder where the movie and the specific folder.jpg is located and it is the new one I saved, not the original. So my question is why when I view the DVD Library and scroll through the thumbnails, does it not show the updated movie poster that has been saved as folder.jpg?

Thanks!

That's because XBMC caches that folder.jpg for you. It is saved in the Thumbnails folder under XBMC\userdata

Find the one in that folder and delete it. It will have a hash generated name.tbn so it may be hard to find unless you use the formula given in the
online manual.

Easiest way is to delete the C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video folder and XBMC will re-cache all your folder.jpg amongst other things.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
On one of my computers where I don't have the movies, but have the drives mapped, I saw the directory and deleted all the files out of the folders under Userdata to get XBMC to re-cache the thumbnails. That worked.

On the computer that I have all the movies, I did not have anything under C:\Program Files\xbmc\userdata Could this be somewhere else?

Also do I have to delete all the files out of these folders? Just the ones in FanArt? or can I just delete everything under userdata at once and have it start over?

Thanks,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
folder.jpg views not changing0