Artists tags not read correctly in XBMC from FLAC music files?
Question 
I'm trying to get all my artists bunched together in the normal artist view but XBMC seems to be grouping them individually. I would like them all to be grouped under armin van buurren for example.

So I changed all the music tags to "Armin van Buuren" for the artist

Re-imported all the music, but XBMC still shows the artist separately for some reason.

Is this normal? or an option I can turn off I just want XBMC to read the tag in the artist flac file. Confused
In the program you are using, look for the "Album Artist" tag.
Thanks but I already thought of that, both mp3tag and foobar show it doesn't have an album_artist tag that I can see.

Is XBMC using the filename to scrape the artist name? Either that or my previous import is somehow still being used, but I've even tried deleting the library and starting again.

When I go into the file mode, the tracks show with the "FEAT. Audrey Gallagher" as the artist, is it readin the m3u file maybe?

Any ideas?
Well, I've never used those, I'm only familiar w/ Mediamonkey.

And the wiki refers to Tag&Rename.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Usin...music_tags
Supply an example file so that someone else can examine it and tell you what happens on their machine?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply, I've found out its getting the information from the cue sheet.

How do I turn this feature off? I want it to read the information from the flac tags not the cue sheet as sometimes they differ with my lossless music collection.

Removing the cue sheet is a temporary solution but not really ideal.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I can work around it, a lot of my problems come from using non compliant cue files I think, its also whats causing a few tracks to be put in the wrong order as well. I don't expect XBMC to be that clever so I will just move the cue files out of the directory for tracks with individual files. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artists tags not read correctly in XBMC from FLAC music files?0