Library fails to update properly (various versions)
8 hours in and I still can't figure this out. I've got a folder of about 30 mkvs, and only half of them are being 'scanned' & updated at the moment. I've reinstalled various xbmc's (including 64bit version on Ubuntu 9.04, 32bit version, xbmc live cd, latest SVN), tried different folders, names etc...
They all are named fine, in fact at one point the library scanned it ok (64bit) but then failed to scan others that I added.

I'm now at a point where I don't know where to go next.

I have attached a debug log of latest SVN on ubuntu 9.04 32bit:

http://pastebin.com/f617333b4

EDIT: in fact the SVN version has been worst, it has only got about 4 of the 30 movies, and none of the art has been included
change the default scraper in /settings/video/scrapers to imdb, then rescan

cheers
arrgghh!!!!, that is so incredibly annoying. I did that several times previously, and I still had 50% of the files unscanned, so I just did it now again to get a new log with imdb, and now it has managed to import all the films except that the images don't work in the SVN i compiled. I don't know why it didn't work before, but at least now I'm getting somewhere

I don't know if the image error is my fault or SVN, but i posted the log anyway:

http://pastebin.com/f5f052ba6
I am using the same svn rev as you r20517. I dont have any problems with thumbs. You could try deleting your .xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video folder and also your .xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db file and rescan.

cheers
harryzimm Wrote:I am using the same svn rev as you r20517. I dont have any problems with thumbs. You could try deleting your .xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video folder and also your .xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db file and rescan.

cheers

I deleted my entire .xbmc folder beforehand, so that should have been ok.

I've really stopped caring about having the latest and greatest lately so I've moved back to the stable release, and everything seems to be working fine, so now I'm feeling exhausted from wasting sooo much time on it. I must have hit a bad connection with IMDB or something, because it wasn't working before (except for some period when I was still under 64bit)

Anyway case closed!

Now if i could only find out how to scrub embedded fonts from matroska files so that vdpau will work fine with subtitles.... [quietly hopes someone magically sends him script, but with the way things have been going lately expects it would probably turn out to be a linux virus...]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library fails to update properly (various versions)0