MiniMeedia v0.80 Released (21/05/2009)
Thanks to everyone for all the feedback over the last few days and all the help in tracking down bugs and issues. I've managed to deal with most of them (I think) and have also made a few improvements tweaks which will hopefully add to the skin.

The main changes are as follows:
  • Changed the way background images are loaded to make the transitions and loading a lot smoother (ONLY WORKS ON NEWER BUILDS OF XBMC!!)
  • Changed the way the code works for the backgrounds so that there is now separate Hide Fanart options for movies, tv shows, videos and music (they can now be configured independently of each other)
  • Updated the look of the slider control so that it fits better with rest of controls (see below)
  • Added new Slider Dialog (see below)
  • Added option to hide white noise background
  • Fixed hiding of Weather item on Home screen
  • Fixed Content Type labels display
  • Added Finish Time to Video OSD
  • Tidied up the look of the images used to select options on the Video/Music OSDs (Bookmarks, Audio Settings etc)
  • Tidied up widths of labels in list views (so that text does not overlap with watched icon)
  • Tidied up code for Videos submenu on Home screen (fix issues with Playlists etc)
  • Fixed label for weather on home option (was 'Show' but should have been 'Hide')
  • Fixed it so that Show Plot option will not show up in Options Menu when using High List view
  • Added 66 new studio logos
  • Added 18 new tv network logos
  • Tidied up some of the studio and network logos to make sure they are sized better in the skin
  • Added default file and default folder images
  • Added Korean translation (thanks to kimp93)
  • Added Dutch translation (thanks to jorisdekloris)
  • Portuguese translation (thanks to xbs08)
  • Added Hebrew translation (thanks to logictester)
  • Added Spanish translation (thanks to laope and Melandryu)
  • Added Danish translation (thanks to PiNCH)

New slider style in Video OSD:

New Slider Dialog:
This is fantastic for fine tuning audio offset etc as it allows you to see the video properly whilst adjusting it

Lots of new and updated tv network and movie studio logos:

In order to get the best out of this release you need to be using a version of XBMC built in the in the last week or so (since the changes to XBMC to allow background loading of multiimages). A new version of t3ch was released for xbox on 21st May, any earlier t3ch builds will not work with the skin.

If you do decide to use it without an up to date version of XBMC then you'll probably find that none of the backgrounds appear. You have been warned. Shocked

If you do find any problems or have any suggestions on improvements to the skin please describe them as fully as possible and give screenshots where possible.

Have fun and enjoy!

-------------------

Skin download link -
MiniMeedia v0.80

Background Images
The skin itself does not contain any real background images since most users will already have a set of background images that they like (for MediaStream and Aeon skins etc) and I assume most users will be using fanart for the Movies and TV Shows anyway.

I have a nice set of custom background images that I use and aim to provide download links so that users can use these if they want.

Background download links -
Movies - Movies Backgrounds 1 Movies Backgrounds 2
TV Shows - TV Show Backgrounds
Videos - Videos Backgrounds
Music - Music Backgrounds
Pictures - Pictures Backgrounds
System - System Backgrounds
Power - Power Backgrounds
DVD - DVD Backgrounds

The skin is setup to work with Weather Fanart (the weather background should match the current weather conditions) and to get this working properly I recommend downloading timdog's Weather Fanart pack
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Nice , great work skunk , thanks.

Downloading and testing Laugh

EDIT: Checking now the new version...working in a new perfect translation for spanish , looking now the translation working on the skin i see its not good , tomorrow i give u a new perfect version on international thread.
Thanks, great update.Big Grin

Backgrounds run very smooth in home screen.Nod

But weatherbackgrounds works in home screen not in weather itself.
And have no backround in movies when select genre, year, etc.
Great update!

My weather backgrounds work on home screen and in weather itself.
Genre, Year ... no backgrounds.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Is there anyway to use the fanart I already have for my shows as backgrounds images?
Waffa Wrote:But weatherbackgrounds works in home screen not in weather itself.
And have no backround in movies when select genre, year, etc.
xbs08 Wrote:My weather backgrounds work on home screen and in weather itself.
Genre, Year ... no backgrounds.
Weather background code was a bit wonky (technical term) but it's been fixed for next release.

Also changed the code so that it will display the custom videos background when in Genre, Year etc screens.

MPauley73 Wrote:Is there anyway to use the fanart I already have for my shows as backgrounds images?
Nope, sorry.
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Nope, sorry.

Is it possible at all in XBMC?
I would guess that there is probably some way to do it if there is a special path for the XBMC userdata folder. If the skin can find the userdata folder then it's simple to find the Fanart folder.

The fanart images are stored with tbn extension so not sure if that would cause a problem but it might be worth a try.
Backgrounds do not seem to be showing in Home screen however they are showing up in movies when fanart is not present. [XBOX]
What's the best way to go about upgrading? Just replace the whole folder?
mawkul Wrote:Backgrounds do not seem to be showing in Home screen however they are showing up in movies when fanart is not present. [XBOX]

Are you running an up to date build of XBMC? If you are then I guess the changes needed to make it work haven't been ported from the main branch into the Xbox branch yet.

2-7offsuit Wrote:What's the best way to go about upgrading? Just replace the whole folder?
Either replace the folder or just copy the contents over the top of the previous version. Either should work
This release runs slower than your first one on my ATV. Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm running the official XBMC Babylon release and not the newest builds? (I just don't know how to get those newer builds). As you warned, none of the backgrounds appear, everything else seams to work fine.

I would love to use your skin as my default one but as deano72 already pointed out, for us ATV users it would be very important to have a stop / pause button on the osd whilst watching a film since we can't send those commands with the apple remote.
Quote:This release runs slower than your first one on my ATV

I'm running r20365 on the xbox and also have that feeling that this realease its a little bit slower than the previous one.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Are you running an up to date build of XBMC? If you are then I guess the changes needed to make it work haven't been ported from the main branch into the Xbox branch yet.

Running final version of Babylon. This skin is awesome and runs very well on my old XBOX (minus the backgrounds issue). Thanks for the hard work!
As skunkm0nkee pointed out: To get the benefits of the background loading stuff that this skin is using (and indeed, for the skin to work at all like it's supposed to work) you need a recent SVN version, i.e. something from about r20300 onwards.

The final babylon releases are not new enough.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia v0.80 Released (21/05/2009)1