MKV Syncing problem
I'm running XBMC Live 9.04 install off a 1tb HD. Running a Athlon X2 5000 Black Edition, Mobo is a 780g chipset running HDMI direct to TV (No reciever). Also, only 1G of Ram (256 for video card, but top shows lots of free resources). Everything in effect works. Running FGLRX Drivers in 1080p without video tearing, audio is working over HDMI.

My problem is that I seem to consistently lose sync at certain points in MKV files, and then begin to drop frames. AVI files work fine, and (AC3 audio or mp3), but Matroska contained movies consistently do this. They play fine for a few minutes, then they lose sync, drop frames, and never recover (Until I stop the video, and play from where I left off).

Any suggestions?
bump?
I'm running into similar issues as well (prior to r20202, which just completely kills certain media types for me). It may take 5 - 45 minutes, but eventually matroska files fall out of sync, with video becoming slow and choppy, and audio skipping.
Just figured this one out like 30 seconds ago (for me at least). It was the powernow daemon.

via ssh:

sudo /etc/init.d/powernowd stop

just watched an entire 720p matroska episode of Lost with no issues. It'd be nice to have CPU stepping, but I can wait for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV Syncing problem0