[LINUX] XBMC for Linux running on NVIDIA Ion reference box (with VDPAU enabled)
Thumbs Up 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv1Q_DWieAQ

Excuse the lack of video editing ability Tongue

See it in action on XBMC's stand at Linuxtag 09.

motd

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
I am sooooo jealous right now. That is exactly what I want for my next xbmc machine. Can you tell me which Atom processor it it running? The GUI seems surprisingly smooth and the video is perfect also.
Atom 330
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've got it running on the acer revo on a 50 inch display....
this is absolutly gorgeous!
I'm not able to watch the clip here at work, but the playback is flawless?

Really wonder why i'm experiencing hickups when when i play 1080p on my Revo at home... (using both XBMC-Live and on Ubuntu installation)

Kinda hoping someone will release a fully configured and ready to use "Nvidia ION XBMC" image Smile
Using Kodi for live TV with Tvheadend.
Why is killa stuttering? not enough bandwidth?
Very cool. I hadn't heard about that South Pacific series (I'm in the US). I'll have to check that out.

So, I've only played around with a linux install for a month or so, using a dual monitor setup, as I have my main pc hooked up to my TV for dual purpose.

I would like to do this and start building these for friends and family. Is XBMC at a point, do you think, that a non tech person wouldn't have any trouble once it is setup (as far as crashing, etc. I know when I played around with my non dedicated linux install, that I had issues with the sound driver for the most part)? I guess I should just configure one for myself for a couple of months and see.
Can a non tech person use it easily? Absolutely, just ask my wife. But can she upkeep and troubleshoot it? Could she figure out why the scrapers don't always work properly and workaround them? No, probably not. XBMC is great for your own home, but do you really want to be an on-call technician for family/friends?
fasteddy Wrote:Can a non tech person use it easily? Absolutely, just ask my wife. But can she upkeep and troubleshoot it? Could she figure out why the scrapers don't always work properly and workaround them? No, probably not. XBMC is great for your own home, but do you really want to be an on-call technician for family/friends?

yeah, I guess I forgot about the scraper issues. Hopefully that will change once Boxee, Plex, and others become Final, and I was just reading on the developer forum how their working on a better way of scraping everything.

So hopefully a year from now.
How does Aeon run on that Atom 330?

-Ash-
I hope Nvidia hooked up the devs with a couple of freebies.
Got a very busy band-holiday weekend coming up, but i'll post an Aeon video on Monday if I get chance.

Killa sample actually played fine - the first ~1s of it were screwy, but that's pretty normal because of the lack of keyframes at the start of that file. I stopped the video a little early, cos I dropped the camera whilst going in for a closeup on a power meter I had on the plug socket... 32W whilst decoding killa.

Really the only thing I noticed much difference on (apart from compiling XBMC which took __SIXTY__ minutes) was the generation of thumbnails for videos, which is kinda to be expected I suppose.

motd
Wow, that's really impressive Big Grin
I was just wondering what the cpu usage is like for the iplayer h264 streams on the atom 330. Does anyone know if they are gpu accelerated on ion boxes under linux?
Your Mediastream looks differently! Because of using Linux instead of me using the Windows "version" or did you modified your Mediasteam?

And for the topic, this small thing with a DualCore is a must have Wink
but with my DG45FC and a HFX Micro I'am very happy
The front page says its an atom 230 processor just want to clarify that it is a N330

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC for Linux running on NVIDIA Ion reference box (with VDPAU enabled)0