[LINUX] XBMC for Linux running on NVIDIA Ion reference box (with VDPAU enabled)
OK... so ZOTAC support directed me to a new BIOS which did nothing to help.

Just to test, I installed Windows XP, and installed the NVIDIA video and chipset drivers... although there was no compatible video output during BIOS POST and Windows boot -- the display kicked into life at 1080i (all the TV I'm testing on supports). Smile

So, it looks like NVIDIA drivers work correctly under Windows (video and audio).

I guess, next step is to do a clean install of Ubuntu and try it out with the latest NVIDIA drivers.

I guess I can live with the unit not having video output until the drivers kick in, but it's a PITA if I need to go into the BIOS or have problems booting.

I've still got a ZOTAC support ticket open, so I guess we'll see if there's a resolution.
very strange, my ionitx-D whith stock bios (05-08, i think the same on zotac site pa108) work very well
I guess this is what we get for being on the bleeding edge!
I received my Zotac N330 Ion today and have XBMC Live 9.04.1 working really well. I decided to pastebin my generic xorg.conf here along with a couple of notes for my future reference, as well as possibly helping others.

Changed video memory in BIOS to 512MB
I copied the above xorg.conf to the config folder of the thumb drive to alleviate the 50Hz issue.

XBMC Menu changes:
Appearance, Screen, Resolution: 1920x1080p 60Hz (Full Screen)
Appearance, Screen, Vertical Blank Sync: Let Driver Choose
Video, Player, Render Method: VDPAU
Video, Player, Adjust Refresh Rate: ON

I also removed the wireless module from the motherboard since there was no chance I would be using it and felt it could just cause issues/slowdowns.
Thanks for your conf geekzilla. Can't wait for my N330 mobo to arrive.
Geekzilla Wrote:I received my Zotac N330 Ion today and have XBMC Live 9.04.1 working really well.

Do you mean of of these:
http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=co...Itemid=483

Do they are actually shipping. Where are you from?

Markus
I got it from NewEgg... but they sold out within a day...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813500030
mulder77de Wrote:Do you mean of of these:
http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=co...Itemid=483

Do they are actually shipping. Where are you from?

Markus

Like Hexland I got that same board from Newegg and it was 179 at the time. When they get the N330 model with the laptop style power supply I will be buying 2 more.
hexland Wrote:I guess I can live with the unit not having video output until the drivers kick in, but it's a PITA if I need to go into the BIOS or have problems booting.

I've still got a ZOTAC support ticket open, so I guess we'll see if there's a resolution.

Zotac just informed me that they think the board is defective, and I should return it to Newegg Sad

I guess I'm going to have to wait until they get them back in stock again before I can get a replacement Sad
hexland Wrote:Zotac just informed me that they think the board is defective, and I should return it to Newegg Sad

I guess I'm going to have to wait until they get them back in stock again before I can get a replacement Sad

I had a similar problem with a completely different motherboard, no picture at startup using HDMI. Impossible to enter BIOS using HDMI, had to use VGA.

I had the motherboard replaced, same shit remained. Installed windows, got picture over HDMI when windows loaded the nvidia drivers. Funny thing was the lots of other pople got it to work with HDMI, but not me.

I finally bought a nvidia 9400GT instead of using onboard nvidia 7100.
Worked like a charm!

My theory is that my NVIDIA 7100 onboard GPU didn´t work very well with my Panasonic plasma.

I hope that a replacement motherboard helps out.

What TV are you using?

Before sending it back to newegg, try if it works better on another TV.

Br, Daniel
Thanks Daniel... I already thought of that. I tried the motherboard on two Element HDTV's (19" and 16") and a Polaroid 42".

I also tried a couple of different HDMI cables (one with came with my Xbox360 and one which I got from Monoprice a few months back).

No luck with any of it.

Looks like Newegg isn't getting any more of those motherboards in until June 19th... SUCKS!

If Acer would hurry the hell up and bring out the N330 version of the Revo in the US, I'd have gone for that instead...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC for Linux running on NVIDIA Ion reference box (with VDPAU enabled)0