[LINUX] XBMC for Linux running on NVIDIA Ion reference box (with VDPAU enabled)
Ion2 is on VIA, don't care at all for Intel's politics - they can bite me.
how is your audio hooked up to the ion box? HDMI oder S/PDIF?
thinking about getting the new zotac ion board, but i'm a little worried about the driver support for sound over HDMI. can anybody say something about that?
Hmm, i suppose it works fine as it does on my 8300 board - at least if you got alsa >= 1.0.18a.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi there
phoboss Wrote:how is your audio hooked up to the ion box? HDMI oder S/PDIF?
thinking about getting the new zotac ion board, but i'm a little worried about the driver support for sound over HDMI. can anybody say something about that?

Got my zotac ion today Big Grin
First steps with sound seem to work via hdmi under jaunty server. The menu sounds are working, but if i start a movie i hear a noisy crack. Not sure if this is because the system wants to play ac3 and the system is connected directly to my tft.

So i am still testing, but right now the system looks good.

THX
Chaos
i'd greatly appreciate more info when your done setting up your system Big Grin
Hi there

Sound is working on my tft right now.

Tested music, dts and stereo

using the following .asoundrc in ~
Code:
pcm.!spdif {
    type hw
    card 0
    device 3
}

pcm.!default {
   type plug
    slave {
    pcm "spdif"
    }
}

and the following settings in xbmc
digital
off
off
hdmi
hdmi
on

right now the system is playing killa sample (via nfs) with 25 dropped frames. So there is still room for some tweaking Big Grin

BTW: i set the sound on internal in the bios which means only hdmi sound enabled.

THX
Chaos
GIVE US MORE HANDS ON IMPRESSIONS!!!!

-Ash-
BTW do you have the dual or single core configuration.
For us in the USA, newegg now has the N330 model w/o integrated power supply (uses standard power supply). I just ordered one and look forward to playing with this.
Hi there
TREX6662k5 Wrote:BTW do you have the dual or single core configuration.

I am using the single core version (IONITX-B-E)

Maybe i get more time this weekend to test the system.

THX
Chaos
@ Chaos_666

How is your ZOTAC IONITX-B-E build coming along ?

I got the same motherboard and am having some issues with it, video related, sound is working with no problems.

I am on XBMC 9.04.1 and is running my system with 2gb of ram ( 512 dedicated to video memory ) and running via HDMI to my Onkyo 705 and from that to my Samsung LE 656.

I can play the Killa sample with 5 dropped frames via SMB, but only after I OC'ed the processor to 2ghz, funny thing is that the processor never uses more than 25% playing the sample even at 1.6ghz.

My problem is that XBMC will not let me select 1080/60p or 1080/24p only 1080/50p and 1080/60i, and some other resolutions that is of no use to me :-(

Besides that the auto refresh rate is not working either, probably because the output refresh rates are not working correctly.

Besides that the system lists the XBMClive lists the GPU at unknown, but I am allowed to use VDPAU, so it is kind of working, I guess....

Are you experiencing any of the issues I am having with my ZOTAC IONITX-B-E board ?

Best Regards
Dennis
Denner Wrote:My problem is that XBMC will not let me select 1080/60p or 1080/24p only 1080/50p and 1080/60i, and some other resolutions that is of no use to me :-(

same problem :/
And...thread jacked...
Sorry, feel free to delete my post, just thought that it would be use full to know that the ION platform is causing problems for a lot ( I think ) of us....

But I am truly sorry so please delete my post or move it to another place, sorry :-(
My N330 based ZOTAC IONITX-D-E should arrive tomorrow, so I'll let you know if I have the same problems you're experiencing...

Mind you, I'm a total Linux n00b, so I'll probably bugger something up along the way Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC for Linux running on NVIDIA Ion reference box (with VDPAU enabled)0