ProjectM 2.0 Visualization for XBMC?
I compiled it for Linux and it seems to work well (although quite a few Winamp Milkdrop2 presets didnt work)

Was pretty easy to compile so I am sure it would be easy to integrate!

(Basically it would involve removing bucket loads of the gui code from projectm)
Then integrate !
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sparky3387 Wrote:Was pretty easy to compile so I am sure it would be easy to integrate!

(Basically it would involve removing bucket loads of the gui code from projectm)

Nope. Firstly, XBMC uses libprojectM, so there's no GUI code, but the rendering has changed considerably - read my post from earlier in the thread to see where I got to. I'm afraid I've got a bunch of other commitments at the moment so I haven't had a chance to look into this yet.
I would give it a go, but dont have the time atm....if noone else picks it up I will in the new year....
Any progress on this?
is there a way we could integrate it on our ow?
sure. compile it, glue it to xbmc - just like any other dev would
I guess this is a simple bump. I would like for Milkdrop 2 to be supported. Smile

Edit: should it be easier under Windows? Or what foobar2000 does with shpeck it's out of reach for XBMC (for very valid reasons, probably)?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I can't compile xbmc from today git repo

any ideas ?

Quote:make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM'
make -C libprojectM
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM'
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM'
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM'
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM'
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so', needed by `libprojectM.so.2.00'. Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM'
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM'
make[1]: *** [libprojectM/libprojectM.so] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xbmc/xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM'
make: *** [xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM] Error 2
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
after aptitude reinstall libgl1-mesa-glx I solved my problem
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
Any new developer interested, maybe?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Any news on this? Or Milkdrop 2? Those pixel shaders are so nice in Winamp, but if they made it to XBMC I could finally get rid of Winamp. I think more people would use XBMC if the visuals were upgraded. I know MY friends would. That's really the only thing I can think of that would make it better.
I'd like to +1 this.
I had another look at this. The real problem is that XBMC has essentially forked libprojectM - they've maintained a local copy of the library, and just hacked on it inside the XBMC tree, rather than maintaining it in a separate respository. Unfortunately, this sort of thing was done for a long time in the XBMC project, though it's significantly improved now.

I could probably extract at least a consolidated diff if I knew what version was originally dropped into the XBMC repo. As it stands I'm looking at little over 1000 lines of XBMC patches to libprojectM, assuming the in-tree version was based on libprojectM-1.2.0
Bump. Would also love to see projectM 2.1 in XBMC. If it's somehow possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ProjectM 2.0 Visualization for XBMC?0