Menu => Movie delay
Hi all,

First let me start by saying i'm new to XBMC, been using Meedio(s) and/or Media Portal for the past few years. Switched to XBMC because the plugins in the other programs keep changing about every other day. However, I have a major issue with XBMC,

When I select a movie from the menu, in library or normal mode, the audio start almost immediately, but then the screen freezes. First i thought it crashed, but when i wasn't paying attention suddenly the movie appeared! This isn't with all movies. Some movies (only a few....) start as they should, but the majority has this delay. This is with AVI, MKV, MOV, anything.
My TVShows seem to be working fine...

If I uninstall XBMC and install it from scratch it works fine after importing the library again. And then after a few different movies the delay is back without changing ANY of the settings.

I am using all default settings, here's my setup...

Intel E6750 Dual core @ 2.66
Asus P5k mainboard (P35)
4 Gbyte ram
Windows XP SP3 (also tested with Vista Ultimate x86)
Asus 9400 GPU

XBMC 9.04 with PM3 skin, all default settings.

I have 689 movies in my library hosted on a seperate server over a 1Gbyte LAN. The server is powerfull enough (Q9550 with 8Gbyte). The movies are stored on a raid 5 array (6x1TB harddisk)
I don't think the library is to big because the TVShows are also in library mode and playback from them is fine (over 7000 episodes)

What can cause this?
I think it is being caused by network delay. When i start the movie from within windows on MPC or MPlayer it takes about 5-8 seconds to start the movie. In XBMC the movie starts right away with less than a second delay, or better, the audio of the movie starts. The video is not being displayed, just the frozen menu screen. After about 1-2 minutes the movie comes up. I think it takes so long because it has to sync audio and video again...

How to solve this?

P.S. moving the movie to a local harddisk solves the problem, but there's no way that my htpc case (silverstone) can hold all my harddisks...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu => Movie delay0