• 5(current)
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project
Loving this interface - great job!

For some reason neither my video or music databases are ever populated?
Am I missing something, or is this a feature still in progress?
Kabooga, this is looking good mate. Keep up the good work.
The music and video databases are not getting filled in because one of the API calls (in a sequence of API calls) is failing. What I am seeing is that I made the API command timeout too low for most people. I will be releasing a version later today that will extend the command timeout, this will 'mostly' address the issue. In a later release I will put in 'retries' for failed API commands to fully address this issue.

Thanks for the feedback.
Kabooga Wrote:The music and video databases are not getting filled in because one of the API calls (in a sequence of API calls) is failing. What I am seeing is that I made the API command timeout too low for most people. I will be releasing a version later today that will extend the command timeout, this will 'mostly' address the issue. In a later release I will put in 'retries' for failed API commands to fully address this issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

Awesome!

With 1000+ movies, 6000+ TV episodes, and 25000+ songs I suspected this was the problem. If you need someone to test out with a large collection drop me a line and I'd be glad to troubleshoot for you.
Version 1.15 seems to work under Linux.

No luck with version 1.20.
Connor32 Wrote:No luck with version 1.20.

Works for me.

To those who asked for a screenshot, here you go!

Only annoyance so far is that artists don't seem to be sorted alphabetically Sad

Keep up the great work!

Edit:
Another minor request, could you change to to sort by Album Artist rather than Artist? or give an option to change it ? Smile
same problem here with the slow loading and failure to load lists with v1.20

v1.15 works a treat.

except in both versions it fails to show any cover art. im using iexplorer 7.

displaying artists and albums in alphabetical order would be nice to.
Hi All,

Sorry for the long lag time to get back on XBMControl Web. Getting RIF'ed and having to find a new job took me away from my projects for a little while.
Uploaded XBMControl Web v1.25 to the code project http://code.google.com/p/xbmcontrol-web/.

Changes:
Changed the timeouts to handle long API commands better.
Also re-introduced the 'Clear Playlist' button.

I'll work on getting the Library listings to display alphabetically for the next release.

rudyboyx, I'm still trying to resolve the image problems with IE7. Both Firefox and Safari don't have this problem.

Enjoy,
Kabooga
Small error with capitalization.

Just grabbing http://ip:port/XBMControl_Web/ gives an error. It looks like it's trying to get default.asp. If I get Default.asp directly, all is good.

/XBMC on Debian
darkscout, thanks for the heads up. I'll rename Default.asp to default.asp in the next release.

I'm glad this works with a Linux distribution (I don't have a Linux box to test on).

Enjoy,
Kabooga
This loads for me, but when I try and play anything or clear the playlist it just gives an error and crashes the webserver.

playSelectedSongFailure failure t:[object Object]

updatePlaylistTreeFailure t:[object Object]
Hi!

UPDATE: nevermind, If i drag and drop files into the playlist it works perfectly. BTW is there a way to remove 1 file only from the playlist? THANKS!

I am testing version 1.25. I can't play mp3 shared on a samba server. I am getting the following error:

Code:
DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: GetDirectory  paras: GetDirectory; smb:\\192.168.10.1\share\music\ - Michael Jackson - Billie Jean.mp3
10:31:53 T:3053062000 M:1758851072   DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://192.168.10.1/share/music/%20-%20Michael%20Jackson%20-%20Billie%20Jean.mp3
10:31:53 T:3053062000 M:1758851072   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://192.168.10.1/share/music/%20-%20Michael%20Jackson%20-%20Billie%20Jean.mp3'
                             unix_err:'14' error : 'Not a directory'

I have library mode disabled, running on Archlinux, with XBMC 9.04. Same error with IE 7 and Firefox 3.5.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

C.
Hi

Two requests for functionality. If they can be implemented in one of the next versions that would be great!

Are there any plans to support last.fm in the application? Love/hate buttons for the songs, and maybe also adding last.fm stream shortcuts to the playlist?

Another thing is the ability to re-arrange items in the playlist, currently there is no way of adding or removing a file in a specific place in the playlist?

Thanks, J
i have the same problem like with the app from slash, i only get the shares, but the library don't get polluted. any idea on the issue? (minimal ubuntu installation, with svn 24143)
Mason,
Is this with movies or music? In slash's app you are looking at movies.

I currently don't have much movie support. I've been mostly getting music to work correctly.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project4