Couple of encoding questions for apple tv need answering plz!
Hey Guys,

Could you tell me please if I use atv flash or any of the other usb drive flashsticks is mkv support only limited to 480p movies?

If I had a 1280x720p upto 6mbps which is the max bitrate apple tv supports and if this movie was h.264 but in MP4. With 6 channel AAC sound. Would this playback perfectly on an apple tv with or without needing to use a flashstick?

I hear that if you are playing 6 channel aac then you are limited up to 160 kbps per channel over optical cable and limited to 480 kbps per channel over HDMI and this is for playback on any device whether it's a apple tv or other media players going in to your amplifier. Is this true?

Lastly, If I was going to make a blu-ray rip from one of my blu-ray 1080p movies. Then is it possible to rip it to 1280x720p just under 6 mbps, have 6 channel aac at 384 or 480 kbps per channel and keep it in the blu-ray h.264 but make it mp4 then play it back on the apple tv is this possible?

I hope you can please answer, as I need answers to these questions that trouble me. I cannot seem to find a definitive answer else where on the net and I am sorry if this has been asked before. Doing a search on here didn't get me a result.

Many thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple of encoding questions for apple tv need answering plz!0