Possible to force a multiimage to advance to the next image from a button?
Subject should be self-explanatory - wondering if it is possible to cause a multiimage control to advance to the next image from a button press?
skin can't do input (that's a no)
That's what I thought, thanks -- is it worth making a feature request in trac?
it would surely need to be more thought through than this, i.e. much more general than just applying to the multiimage control
spiff Wrote:it would surely need to be more thought through than this, i.e. much more general than just applying to the multiimage control

Not sure I follow you -- the functionality I'm looking for would simply be to add an action like Multiimage(id#).Next() or similar
Or alternatively some sort of event raising method:

Code:
Control(id).RaiseEvent(next_image)

as this could also handle the triggering of button clicks I mentioned in a recent post:

Code:
Control(id).RaiseEvent(click)
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
A generic "send message" interface would do what you want (i.e. a generalisation of the SendClick builtin).

The key would be identifying which messages to include, and unifying the handling of those messages within controls.

Perhaps you could research the list of what is currently possible to send to controls (eg focusing, sending clicks and the like) and what would be nice to have. Including any parameters those functions need to be able to take (eg focus can take at least 1 subitem value I think, possibly 2 in the little-used lists utilizing multiselect controls).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to force a multiimage to advance to the next image from a button?0