[MOD] PMIII Update Mod ~ Unofficial PM3.5
I hope this doesn't actually keep people from using the skin when it is released, but I made the bottom bar with the lil tab (on the right) specifically to hold the XBMC logo.

I really think it puts this version in the "center" of the original, and PM3.HD. Therefore PM3.5 .

I could make this look 90% like PM3.HD......but would then opt to call it PM3.SD, only because it would pretty much "clone" PM3.HD in a skin that is Standard def.

If it will appease the public.....once I am happy with my stuff.......I "MIGHT" make a "PM3.SD Theme"

Will this take the heat off of me? LOL
Excelent work, it is beautifull Big Grin
Thanks

I stand up to DL your new version lol
Because my wife as just a SD TV ... Sad
i love this skin! i made a mod of my own that just makes the font bigger to better suite SDTV's.

i can't wait for the new version!
TheQuestor Wrote:Just to see if it happens again here it is again.

I think this mockup takes all the best of what you have done and adds some of the features of the skin you're paying homage to.

Larger logo at top again [though muted somewhat to not kick you in the eye] and the removal of the logo on the bottom right.

Im in agreement with TheQuestor, I would say remove the project meyhem too, the line should be horizontal and straight. It would look super clean and balanced that way. I like what your doing, but hope you release unprotected xpr so I can mod a version closer to what TheQuestor has in that screenshot...
Wink
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:I hope this doesn't actually keep people from using the skin when it is released, but I made the bottom bar with the lil tab (on the right) specifically to hold the XBMC logo.

I really think it puts this version in the "center" of the original, and PM3.HD. Therefore PM3.5 .

I could make this look 90% like PM3.HD......but would then opt to call it PM3.SD, only because it would pretty much "clone" PM3.HD in a skin that is Standard def.

If it will appease the public.....once I am happy with my stuff.......I "MIGHT" make a "PM3.SD Theme"

Guess not.....LOL
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:I hope this doesn't actually keep people from using the skin when it is released, but I made the bottom bar with the lil tab (on the right) specifically to hold the XBMC logo.

Actually FourTwentySmilz that would be the next thing to do..the 720 or 1080i is done already (PM3HD) all that needs to be done now is resize the textures to be less memory intense as the originals and bundle them with the others. You'd have to rename them the same but add SD to them so they are separate. That way the people would run it on a HD system would have the HD textures and the people that need it on a SD TV would have there sized down textures. That was the really reason why I started adding fanart views into PM III. I run PM3HD on my 2 HD TV's with no problems. It's just the kids o3-25" SD TV's that the PM III/PM III Fanart works the best. So I vote for a rebuild of PM3HD with a future packing with the True PM3HD skin. That will be the ONLY way the PM III skin will ever be retired.
PrimusZa1 Wrote:Actually FourTwentySmilz that would be the next thing to do..the 720 or 1080i is done already (PM3HD) all that needs to be done now is resize the textures to be less memory intense as the originals and bundle them with the others. You'd have to rename them the same but add SD to them so they are separate. That way the people would run it on a HD system would have the HD textures and the people that need it on a SD TV would have there sized down textures. That was the really reason why I started adding fanart views into PM III. I run PM3HD on my 2 HD TV's with no problems. It's just the kids o3-25" SD TV's that the PM III/PM III Fanart works the best. So I vote for a rebuild of PM3HD with a future packing with the True PM3HD skin. That will be the ONLY way the PM III skin will ever be retired.

One minor thing abou tthe PM3.HD skin I cannot stand is the settings icons lol. I love the original PMIII settings icons and would love to see hi res versions of them. I hate when icons are not generic. Like the camera icon is a sony camera and I dont own that model or brand lol. PMIII icons are not specific and they are classic.

I prefer the original PMIII to PM3.HD
I honsetly hope the PMIII skin is never "retired". It is a great skin! So.is PM3.HD, but the original PMIII, I feel, is so suited to the Xbox. It doesn't use a HUGE amount of resources. Looks outstanding on an HDTV (mine is a 42" 720p). Looks just as wonderful in standard. Easy Nav., Easy to read, Easy to understand. Great for people who want something that is stable, does the job and don't need all the "pizazz" of the great HD skins like M.Stream,MiniMedia,Reux and so on.

Not to mention that it is one of the easiest skins for a beginner to pick-up and begin to learn on.

To be completely honest with you guys..........My absolute favorite skin for XBMC is the original MediaStream ( with the FilmStrip Mod added). But the skin I use everyday is my version of PMIII . WHY? Because the time I spend enjoying my XBMC is spent doing just that......enjoying my XBMCSmile MediaStream is a great looking skin and works great, but it uses resources that PMIII doesn't. Therefore the performance of my XBMC isn't as good( for me) as it is when I use PMIII. Maybe my performance is hit hard on my xbox cause my library is big for xbox, I don't know why really, but using PMIII seems to help out. So I decided to use PMIII, and "dress it up".
Now I get good looks, great preformance, and the added benifit of saying......"Some of this is MY work. My time." and that feels pretty good.
Hi

No news here about some time Sad
Have you finish your project ?
Do you will distribute a FINAL or BETA version fo it for we test it please ? Big Grin

Thanks
WOW! looks good from the screen shots, but where can I get the latest version?

I too am running things on my xbox and I like the tweaks that you have made to the PMIII skin, which is what I use all the time.

Please post where I can grab PM3.5!http://forum.xbmc.org/images/smilies2/biggrin9gp.gif
Yes please, i stand bye too Sad
I use the old version, but there is not many views ...
as Arnova is about to add media flagging to the xbmc builds.. does this build support the displaying of these flags?
And... does this skin perform similary to pm3? I have quite a big library (>10k items)

thanks
Smile 
Does anyone know if this skin is still being finished?? I am waiting in high anticipation, as it looks like a huge improvement for us xbox users without HD capabilities.

Looking forward to using it when it is ready.Big Grin
The future is starting to look grim for this one... Sad
Yes ... i'm very sad too Sad
It is the alone LD MOD for XBMC with coverflow and other good options that just HD MOD have ... Sad
I wish one day it will be finish, or an other guy make an other one for people who have not money to buy a new TV ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] PMIII Update Mod ~ Unofficial PM3.50