Live on laptop
Hello there!

You have done wonderful work. XBMC ROCKS! Well done!

Nevertheless I have an issue. I hope some nice guy can help me out about...

I have a good laptop with broken LCD screen. Good = more than the minimum XBMC hardware requirements.

I'm booting from USB with live. I can see on laptop's broken screen XBMC works OK. I want to use this laptop for dedicated media center on my living room with my nice beloved HDTV.

Here is the problem:

I haven't find a way to force XBMC Live to works only with laptop's DVI out. Any suggestions are welcome. My GPU is nVidia series 8.

Thank you for your time...
ping post!

anyone... someone... pls?
Have you checked to see if there is a setting in the bios for this?

You could also add the following line in the screen section of your xorg.conf file.

Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP"

This should force output via your DVI port once the system is up and running.
Yes,
Check BIOS.
and have you install the vendors driver (if any) for the graphical card? Maybe it has some options.

If nothing else is working I guess you could set the "close lid" action to "do nothing" and simply close the lid....
Some laptops also require to press the function key and F4 or F5 (for example) to switch between screen outputs
Quote:Some laptops also require to press the function key and F4 or F5 (for example) to switch between screen outputs
For sure, that would be the best fix but does it work in ubuntu/live?

Could be a good idea to try with a full ubuntu installation first?
It has stuff like laptop-mode-tools ubuntu-laptop-mode maybe it will add some support.
Thank you all of you for the support. I will try this...

...ASAP. Unfortunately BIOS don't have anything related to output. Worst case, I will try the ubuntu/live if the option fails.

Thank you again :-)
Arian Wrote:Thank you all of you for the support. I will try this...

...ASAP. Unfortunately BIOS don't have anything related to output. Worst case, I will try the ubuntu/live if the option fails.

Thank you again :-)

You may need change DFP to DFP-1 as the DVI/HDMI interfaces are labeled 0,1 etc and it could be that DFP-0 is the built in display, this depends on the type of interface used by the internal display. By the way I believe DFP stands for Digital Flat Panel.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live on laptop0