Can I downgrade to 9.04.0?
I had the 100% usage issue, which I solved by going back to an older version of the NVIDIA driver. But before I did that, I upgraded to 9.04.1. Before I was running 9.04.0.

However, even since reverting the NVIDIA driver, XMBC is now often having "hickups" both when playing video or audio. This didn't happen with the earlier version, even though it was always using 100% processing power, and it no longer is.

I want to downgrade to 9.04, which was working fine, thank you very much. But it's no longer in the repo. What can I do?
A little googling should reveal how to downgrade packaged with apt, IIRC there's a "force version" option in synaptic. Of course I'm assuming you're on ubuntu and using the PPA since you didn't bother revealing any of that useful info.

We would be more interested however if you could provide more info into the actual "hiccup" problem so that it can be resolved. See the post on how to report problems in a useful manner for what we need.
althekiller Wrote:A little googling should reveal how to downgrade packaged with apt, IIRC there's a "force version" option in synaptic. Of course I'm assuming you're on ubuntu and using the PPA since you didn't bother revealing any of that useful info.

We would be more interested however if you could provide more info into the actual "hiccup" problem so that it can be resolved. See the post on how to report problems in a useful manner for what we need.

I'm on Ubuntu and PPA, yes. And I can't force the version as the 9.04.0 version is no longer in the PPA repository, unfortunately. I'm too stressed right now to help debug problems, I just want to be able to listen to music again. I'll help with debugging some other week.
I can report that because of other troubles I reinstalled both Ubuntu 8.10 and XBMC 8.10. And it made no difference either way. The troubles I've had with 9.04 has been from the later NVIDIA drivers, and from Pulseaudio, and in the reinstall I got the exact same errors under 8.10. So I must have uninstalled Pulseaudio before I ever installed XBMC earlier.

This is all good because it means that XBMC is NOT getting more buggy. Wink

Keep it up!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I downgrade to 9.04.0?0