[Windows] Fullscreen display selector
I've created a patch to try to address this issue in Windows. You can find it here http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6684 .

Now I have some concerns about the patch that I would like some feedback on.

First there's an issue that the display modes shown in the gui are all for the primary monitor. If one is chosen and you try to launch xbmc full screen on a secondary monitor it will likely fail. This isn't an issue with the predefined 720p, 1080i and so on.

Would it be better to try and add the display modes available on the secondary monitors as well to the list and handle it that way?

Second thought I have is that the patch now uses the set resolution and adjust the display to that. Would it be better to get the display resolution and adjust xbmc's size to match the screen?

My knowledge about the inner workings of xbmc is basically none. This is my first attempt at adding anything so please bear with me if I'm completley lost here Smile
You should check if it is valid resolution on the secondary display before using it ... If not use the desktop, if not use predefined type ..

Please fix the indentation on the patch.
The resolution setup is a whole mess in XBMC and needs a revamp but this is also beyond my capabilities. Since it is already difficult to see what it does I really would like to see a rework rather than patch work which makes it more difficult to follow.
We already got some help there but the work wasn't finished and is now in a state which nobody wants to touch.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Trem Wrote:Would it be better to try and add the display modes available on the secondary monitors as well to the list and handle it that way?

I would say so or make another option to select the display and the resolution box will only show the supported resolutions of that monitor.
For the other questions make you suggestions and we can discuss this with the other developers.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
My idea would be to scrap the resolution spinbox that's used today and replace it with a screen selector spinbox. This would also lead to xbmc going into fullscreen in whatever size the selected screen is using.

I understand the need for the resolution selection on xbox but is it useful on the other platforms? I'm not sure it is on Windows but I can't answer for other platforms or users.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Fullscreen display selector0