• 17(current)
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin
RustyCage Wrote:Sure, i guess... I've worked around the problem by open a webbrowser (Maxthon) through the Launcher-plugin. Works everytime... Big Grin

where is maxthon the exe? the only maxthon .exe i found is the installation program./
woodyearl Wrote:where is maxthon the exe? the only maxthon .exe i found is the installation program./

You can use whatever webbrowser you want but I prefer Maxthon.

I use Windows 7 so the maxthon.exe is located in: C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon2\maxthon.exe

If you don't see the AppData-folder you have to enable "Show hidden files and directories" in XBMC

When using Launcher, XBMC will exit to desktop and start the program you've chosen and when you shut down that program window, XBMC will open up again.
RustyCage Wrote:You can use whatever webbrowser you want but I prefer Maxthon.

I use Windows 7 so the maxthon.exe is located in: C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon2\maxthon.exe

If you don't see the AppData-folder you have to enable "Show hidden files and directories" in XBMC

When using Launcher, XBMC will exit to desktop and start the program you've chosen and when you shut down that program window, XBMC will open up again.

In your earlier post you said you got around the Justin.tv problem xbox users are having is what I assumed. But you are using windows. That answers my question.
oh sorry, missed that little detail Rolleyes
Some time ago I came up with an idea, to setup Internet explorer in playercorefactory as an external player. After that i've made an webpage with an embed of the justin player in the same size as my tv. I've created some .strm files with the linkadress to the page and open this .strm link with the external player "Internet explorer". When you use <args> -k </args> as argument internet explorer will start fullscreen. This is also working for TVU player, Livestream embeds
robeg Wrote:Some time ago I came up with an idea, to setup Internet explorer in playercorefactory as an external player. After that i've made an webpage with an embed of the justin player in the same size as my tv. I've created some .strm files with the linkadress to the page and open this .strm link with the external player "Internet explorer". When you use <args> -k </args> as argument internet explorer will start fullscreen. This is also working for TVU player, Livestream embeds

can you please guide me in this regard?
i guess this will work on xbmc on windows only and not applicable for xbox versions
No it's not working for xbox. However you can use an other browser.I use IE becourse i always use Firefox for normal browsing. Just ask what you want to know and i will try to help you. Just begin by adding a browser in the playerfactorycore and try with normal links to justin channels, that will work too.
will there be an update available for this great plugin in the near future?
afaik xbmc needs to support swf verification to solve the problem.

do we have to wait for an python update which supports it or what's the exact problem?

btw. great work devs...
If you rebuild xbmc with this patch http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8971 then you'll get swf verification support, along with a lot of other rtmp fixes.
highlandsun Wrote:If you rebuild xbmc with this patch http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8971 then you'll get swf verification support, along with a lot of other rtmp fixes.

Will that fix the justin.tv plugin ? or does that need to be reworked as well
The plugin will need a small change to turn on SWF verification. Just like the iplayer plugin patch that's also attacahed to that trac ticket.
highlandsun Wrote:The plugin will need a small change to turn on SWF verification. Just like the iplayer plugin patch that's also attacahed to that trac ticket.

Can this patch work fort Xbox as well?

Why the developers have not incorporated this patch in XBMC?

Thanks
Do I read this right that there is a chance that justin.tv will work again shortly? That would be terrific!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
highlandsun Wrote:If you rebuild xbmc with this patch http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8971 then you'll get swf verification support, along with a lot of other rtmp fixes.

Using rtmpdump, do you know how I can call "NetStream.Authenticate.UsherToken" with a token. This event is called right before the stream is subscribed. If you have time, play a stream at justin.tv and view the rtmp headers.

johoja Wrote:Will that fix the justin.tv plugin ? or does that need to be reworked as well

No, the Justin.tv plugin is completely outdated and needs to be re-written.
stacked Wrote:Using rtmpdump, do you know how I can call "NetStream.Authenticate.UsherToken" with a token. This event is called right before the stream is subscribed. If you have time, play a stream at justin.tv and view the rtmp headers.

Sorry, no support for that yet, never saw it before. Not sure I'll have time to look at it any time soon.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin9