Changes ahead for MythTV directory structure through myth://
Lightbulb 
There are some changes ahead for the Myth TV directory structure.

The Recordings By Title directory will be replaced with two directories.
  • Movies - contains a list of the movies that have been recorded by Myth TV. This folder will be able to have the content type set to Movies which will allow them to be scanned into the XBMC Video Library as Movies. There is information in Myth TV that can determine whether a recording was a Movie or a TV Show. However, it depends on the quality of the EPG. Some advanced settings will be available to resort to determining if a recording is a Movie or TV Show based on the length of the recording (this approach won't be perfect if needed).
  • TV Shows - contains a list of folders for the remaining recorded content from Myth TV. In the future this might be able to have the content type set to TV Shows which would allow them to be scanned into the XBMC Video Library as TV Shows (and would use the date first aired from the EPG data as the scraping date).

If you have any concerns about this change please voice them here.
These changes were commited into SVN today.

Hold off on trying to scan recorded Movies into the library until one other change is made. Otherwise if you run Clean Library the Content Type on the virtual myth:// Movies directory will be lost and on re-scan with the fix coming soon you could end up with the Movies in the library twice.
The patch needed so the content type for the movies directory is remembered when cleaning the library are complete now.
Im so happy reading every news about the Myth integreation!

I have one fought - wouldnt it be better with 3 categorys?
Today I find it wery useful with XBMC to use 3 categorys (witch is default at least in MediaStream skin):
Movies (for movies)
TV-Series (guess what - for TV-Series)
Videos - for everything else
Wouldnt this be useful for the Myth integration also - there should be plenty of recordings that dont belong to movies and TV-series like news, documentaries etc and also a place for everything the system dont know that category it belongs to.

Best regards
Oscar
SpiffBB Wrote:Im so happy reading every news about the Myth integreation!

I have one fought - wouldnt it be better with 3 categorys?
Today I find it wery useful with XBMC to use 3 categorys (witch is default at least in MediaStream skin):
Movies (for movies)
TV-Series (guess what - for TV-Series)
Videos - for everything else
Wouldnt this be useful for the Myth integration also - there should be plenty of recordings that dont belong to movies and TV-series like news, documentaries etc and also a place for everything the system dont know that category it belongs to.

Best regards
Oscar
I agree.
The integration from XBMC to Myth TV is somewhat constrained by what information can be obtained from mythbackend.

The ideal solution would be to use the recorded category_type from the mythconverg database. This field (for my recordings) includes groupings for:
  • Movies
  • Series - for TV Shows that should be watched in the aired order
  • TV Shows - for TV Shows that can be watched in any order

Unfortunately this information isn't available through libcmyth (the library used to talk with mythbackend). However, it should be possible to obtain through a SQL database query - which may slow down listings.

If I can spare the time over the next few weeks I will see what would be involved to create the MySQL query and furthermore see if it can be implemented without any significant performance issues.
Actually, after looking at how our recorded content is grouped between TV Series and TV Shows I don't think that will help. Some Series are just listed as TV Shows so then we would need to try two places to potentially find what we are looking for.

What might work for us is to use information about whether the program was recorded "once only" or some variant of ongoing, e.g. "daily, weekly" to help weed out things that are actually Movies (because the EPG here in New Zealand is often not that accurate).

There are also some options to use the category of the recording to perhaps support better navigation. I can't quite see how that would help at the moment...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changes ahead for MythTV directory structure through myth://0