Movie information while browsing library mode?"
I don't know if this is possible or not, I have looked in the manual and can't find my answer. So can a movie plot\album review be used in library mode and if not can it be added?
yes, the data gets mined from imdb. in the context menu is an option "movie information". this will look up the title in imdb (using either the filename, or the folder name if you do it on a folder.) if you're running a version from say the 15th or later, you'll first need to set the content type to movies. (also in the context menu.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
No, what I am asking is if it can show the plot while you are browsing through the videos in library mode. You know just make it a textbox or something and make the info tag something like <info>ListItem.Plot</info> or something like that. I am doing the iTV skin and having this feature would make my list view for library mode match it exactely.
eventually; yes.
Sweet thanks
see this thread for a similar discussion...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=122760

this needs to be done very carefully. i cant help but think that sucking in all that string data for each movie for display when navigating is a bad idea. it'll potentially consume alot of memory, and further slow down xbmc.

i thought macguyver had a good compromise where this additional information is only available for the "selected" item and its only loaded after some kind of idle timeout. not having done any research on this, i have no idea how much of a PITA that may be to accomplish. (without the idle timeout, navigation would be very sluggish because xbmc will have to continually load info as you move from item to item. think of how the clearity skin seem a bit sluggish as you scroll down in thumbs view. it needs to load all those textures when a new row appears.)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
The current video db stuff is retrieving the plot info etc. - it is slow because of this, but I think there is some room for improvement.

We need some SQL db optimization experts to take a look at the queries and see if there's better ways to do them, and whether or not we need to restructure anything in order to speed things up.

There's no need for knowledge of C++ or the XBMC sourcebase, so if you want to lend a hand and you're good at this type of thing, let us know!

Cheers,
Jonathan

"Feature Request or Question" is not a descriptive title.
For this topic you should have used a subject like:
"Movie information while browsing library mode?"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie information while browsing library mode?"0