• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Weather.com Plus Plugin - skinnable via the new Weather Plugin API in XBMC!
let me try.

the TWC supplemental script is a stand alone script. you need to run it to view the info and for the info to update. it is constantly running. it is not related to the plugin.

the plugin runs when ever xbmc updates weather. all it does is set's properties. these properties are available thru out the skin, but skinners need to take advantage of them. it is not a gui.

a skinner can take advantage of them eg as aeon displays info on the home screen. you could have a control that gas <visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Weather).Property(Alerts))</visible> so if an alert for your selected area came up. a button or textbox could pop up on the home screen alerting you of an alert. or it could display the radar of the selected map.

a skinner could do as i did and edit myweather.xml to display all the info. they could choose to display only a few of the views.

read the first thread, there is a link to files that will work as i did when dropped in pmiii. it is not upto date with the 1.0.1 changes, and won't look exactly as the pictures posted, but you have a start.

about xbox. i'm not current with xbox, so i don't know if it has been merged yet.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
It seems like your above statement would suggest the opposite of how I understand each should work (Plugin runs all the time, constantly providing updates, whereas the script runs only when it is ran from the scripts menu and stops running when exiting via the menu button).

I ran through the python scripts and the xml code looking for an answer to my fanart problems and there is no reference to fanart in the plugin code. As I stated before, the TWC script has a setting in it that allows for mapping to the weather fanart directory but since it only runs when executed from the script menu and stops running once you exit the script, it can no longer provide the location of the fanart or the updates of the weather conditions to reference the fanart for the homescreen... Does this make any sense? So what does the reference to the fanart directory in the TWC Supplemental settings actually do?

I apologize if I seem daft -- I've been working on figuring this out for days and I'm not having any success...

EDIT:

After a complete wipe and reinstall of the stable 06/01 9.0.4x BABYLON FIXED T3CH release, I got the 1.5.x script to work and now understand what the fanart in the settings was for -- It changes the backdrop of the script gui to show the current conditions based fanart... so, I guess, ummm... Thanks!
no as i said. the plugin runs when xbmc updates weather, fills the properties and exits. leaving the properties available.

the script needs to be running for you to see the info.

now to really confuse you. if the script is run from a link on the weather window. those properties would be avialable thru out the skin even after exiting it (with the latest version) but they would only update when you run the script. confused?
Thumbs Up 
Now that this "Weather Plugin API" is available in XBMC mainline SVN it would be cool to also see some alternative weather forecast sites plugins by third-party developers, for example:
weather.com
accuweather.com
weather.msn.com
HAMweather.com
Weather Underground (wunderground.com)
Intellicast (intellicast.com)
MyForecast (MyForecast.com, power by CustomWeather)
timeanddate.com (time and date.com, power by CustomWeather)

Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Quote:
[weather.com plus]
-changed: version -> 1.1
-added: compatibility check
-changed: enable plugin settings
#requires XBMC revision 21010 or newer

also edited first post for the new infolabel
Quote:
[weather.com plus]

-changed: version -> 1.1.1
-fixed: do NOT use skin localized strings (skins vary)

#requires XBMC revision 21010 or newer

update
Where can I get the plugin?
XBMCG33K Wrote:Where can I get the plugin?

SVN Repo Installer
updated 1st post with new properties

Quote:[weather.com plus]
-changed: version -> 1.1.4
-changed: added "ShortWindDirection" properties to hourly and daily forecasts
*requires XBMC revision 21010 or newer

-changed: version -> 1.1.3
-changed: convert hourly forecast wind directions to full text to match 10 day forecast (eg From NNE -> From the North Northeast)

-changed: version -> 1.1.2
-changed: properly catch a non existent map (some are just invalid)
-added: "FanartCode" for each "OutlookIcon" so skins like Transparency can have animated icons using multiimage controls (eg Weather.Property(36Hour.1.FanartCode) )
Having major issues with this plugin, unable to get it to run. My logs contain the following information.

22:32:48 T:2969553808 M:1574244352 NOTICE: File "/home/macleod/.xbmc/plugins/weather/weather.com plus/default.py", line 42, in ?
22:32:48 T:2969553808 M:1574244352 NOTICE: Main()
22:32:48 T:2969553808 M:1574244352 NOTICE: File "/home/macleod/.xbmc/plugins/weather/weather.com plus/resources/lib/xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 27, in __init__
22:32:48 T:2969553808 M:1574244352 NOTICE: self._get_client()
22:32:48 T:2969553808 M:1574244352 NOTICE: File "/home/macleod/.xbmc/plugins/weather/weather.com plus/resources/lib/xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 106, in _get_client
22:32:48 T:2969553808 M:1574244352 NOTICE: if ( sys.argv[ 1 ].startswith( "map=" ) ):
22:32:48 T:2969553808 M:1574244352 NOTICE: IndexError
22:32:48 T:2969553808 M:1574244352 NOTICE: :
22:32:48 T:2969553808 M:1574244352 NOTICE: list index out of range
22:32:48 T:2969553808 M:1574244352 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error

I am running version 1.1.4b of the weather.com plugin, and SVN release of 2179.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?
looks like you're trying to run it yourself? it auto runs with xbmc weather update, so should have a sys.argv.
Even when I configure it to be used for my weather it does nothing. Maybe I just don't know how to use it. I simply enabled the feature and pointed at the script... no idea what else I should be doing, or should try.
Hi Nuka, there seems to be a problem with hebrew strings, all the days appear from the end of the word to the beginning (hebrew is right to left lanuage) - exanple with english - today apears as yadot and one string - evening in 36h says music videos
MacLeod_1980, sounds like you want the twc script. this you enable in weather settings.

logictester, i don't know why they would be reversed. maybe a ss, with you pointing out how it should disple. but i don't think it's on my control.
here are couple of screenshots:

inthe first image - all the days are there but all of them are mirrored - example - first block - today - םויה - should be - היום

in the second image all the days are mirrored - the second block showing - tonight - says - music videos in hebrew

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Weather.com Plus Plugin - skinnable via the new Weather Plugin API in XBMC!2