Design a XBMC poster for LinuxTag - This one week contest ends 24:00 GMT 6/6-2009
Information 
As you know, team XBMC is going to have a booth at Linuxtag in Berlin in 3 weeks time.

We know we have the best looking HTPC app, but we need to showcase that by having the best looking booth at the show as well!

Our current thinking is white on black. Plaster the booth in black to differentiate from all the other booths, and have white on black posters (perhaps with a bit of colour thrown in for good measure) extolling the virtues of XBMC - perhaps with some giant blown up screenshots and the like. We hope to either have a beamer or TV there with XBMC running on it as well.

So we need some poster designs from you guys, by the end of the week. The contest ends at GMT24:00 on 6 June, 2009. The prize is the glory of thousands of people seeing your design at the show (plus, we'll send you a couple of posters for your walls). Some ideas:

1. Incorporate the plain text version of the XBMC logo.
2. Perhaps some short slogans of what XBMC is about.
3. Maybe a few with the web URL on it.
4. A cloud with the names of the opensource projects we rely on, with XBMC in the middle (bigger text for bigger projects?)
5. Incorporate screenshots from your favourite skins.

Other things we need for the booth:

1. T-shirts for each of us to wear - once again we're thinking white on black. Come up with a good design, and we'll wear it and send you a shirt or two as well Smile

2. Some flyers/pamplets to hand out at the show - an idea is an A4 flyer with a white on black logo across the top, and a bit of text + some screenshots underneath.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Incomplete, w/ borrowed images from the community....

the word free always catches your eye at a convention.
I originally created a image for a Case Badge using Inkscape and used the design for a Poster. You can use the badge design for shirts as well.

SVG file is available for both designs.
Thanks guys!
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

thought I would play some more

here's my go at it..

Nice akaiki!

Image Image

Here's my two poster ideas. Images from the community using MediaStream skin. Another idea I had but couldn't put into an image would be to make the text a metallic silver, though that would require special paint/ink.
Here's my effort, thanks to pike for the idea, and AlTheKiller for computing the relative size in the codebase...

Cheers,
Jonathan

ccMatrix Wrote:Image
That should probably be "Free and Open Source Software" (as in FOSS) "Media Center Application"

Wink
Great work from all, but for any of these to be printable at poster size without artifacts the resolution needs to go way way up.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:Great work from all, but for any of these to be printable at poster size without artifacts the resolution needs to go way way up.

I believe most of these have been reduced in size to fit in the forum. The ones I posted are only 1/4 of the original.
lordxenosi Wrote:I believe most of these have been reduced in size to fit in the forum. The ones I posted are only 1/4 of the original.

If I click it and go to imageshack the biggest I can get from what you posted is 450x600.

If you need somewhere to upload them PM me and I can give you an FTP address. That goes for everyone.

To do an 8x10" print, it would need to somewhere around 2500x3200px... which is pretty small for a poster.

Of course they can be stretched but I hate to make ugly prints on such a nice Xerox machine</endplug>
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
@rwparris2
As I said for mine, they all are available as SVG and can be scaled up to any resolution you'd like.

@Gamester17
The idea was to have it read "Open Source Media Center Application". I could add the "Free and " part before but Software in between kills the reading flow. Would "Free and Open Source Media Center Application" be ok ?
rwparris2 Wrote:If I click it and go to imageshack the biggest I can get from what you posted is 450x600.
</endplug>

I don't see any reason to upload a huge picture at this point. If there is interest in my design them I can post the original. Also, the just text poster can be recreated at whatever size is needed and still look good.

Let me know if you want the originals.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Design a XBMC poster for LinuxTag - This one week contest ends 24:00 GMT 6/6-20090