Radeon 3200 HD Flickering/Tearing issues
I know theres loads of other threads about this issue so sorry for this post.

Looking through the other posts I found a few things to try but with no success so I was wondering if there is a definitive fix for the flickering and tearing found with the 3200 HD.
Enable vsynch to Always on in the ATI Catalyst Control Panel.
Also enable this in xbmc.
AzzX Wrote:Enable vsynch to Always on in the ATI Catalyst Control Panel.
Also enable this in xbmc.

I have already enable it in CCC but I can't seem to find it in XBMC. Could you point me in the right direction.
settings
system
appearance
screen
Use 'Let driver decide'.
None of the vsync settings seemed to make a difference but I just installed k-lite codec pack and the problem seems to have gone which confuses me because I didn't think that xbmc used external codecs. Oo
It doesn't.
My Setup :
In ccc, vSync always on
In XBMC :
- Vsync always off
- Adjust Refresh Rate : On

This gives me really smooth playback. Optionnally, in latest XBMC Build, you can set Synch to Video with audio frame dup/drop or resample to get the smoothest playback possible.
It works perfectly on my setup (780G - HD3200 + AMD 4850e).

The only problem that remains is that for a few videos, the frame rate is not correctly detected. Thus, when playing them, XBMC chooses the wrong refresh rates which leads to really strange and ugly results. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6015.
Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
My Setup :
In ccc, vSync always on
In XBMC :
- Vsync always on or off doesn't seem to make much difference if it is on in CCC
- Adjust Refresh Rate : Off The smooth Video don't work for me - Though I Dont need them to.
Since I upgraded to XBMC 9.04 Babylon, I've had flickering and tearing as well. I updated my video card drivers, did scans, defrags, went into the default skin of XBMC (I use Augria), removed media flags, even enabled vsynch in XBMC, all with no luck.

Came here and did a couple searches and did not really find anything that would resolve the issue until yesterday when I saw this thread here. And thought to myself, man the fix is so simple, vsynch in CCC, how come I never thought of it before.

I got home and tried it and it worked like a charm, thanks a lot.

Sry to highjack the thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon 3200 HD Flickering/Tearing issues0