Customizing XBMC backgrounds for ATV
I'm just getting started with the XBMC on the apple tv box and enjoying the experience quite a bit already. I would however like to put my own background images in for each of the different sections, such as music, movies, system, etc. I am using the Media Stream skin and I know how to properly point it to a custom jpeg image on a folder within my windows xp box but don't know how to tell the aTV to go look out at another shared folders on my network and pull those images. My other thought it I might be able to over right the default images from the beginning is that an option at all?
The _easiest_ way to do it is to:

1. Copy some pictures to your apple tv (you could use XBMC's built in filemanager to do this).
2. Select those pictures as your backdrop.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have been able to copy the pictures to my apple TV, and can view them from the proprietary apple software side but within the xbmc I can see the exterior folder (pictures folder) but it does not see anything inside of the folder.
I can copy files (or a folder with several pictures in it in my case) from a shared folder on a PC from within xbmc's filemanager?

thanks for the help thus far.
Yes, you can copy folders from your PC onto the AppleTV using XBMC's filemanager.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Excellent. I have been able to copy the proper pictures (in both jpg and png formats) to the atv and set them as my backgrounds. I am now encountering an interesting error. It looks like the atv is displaying those photos in their native resolution (which I have created them to be rather high). In other words it is not scaling those photos down. I'm missing roughly half the photo due to it being "off my screen" (to the right) I am displaying these on a 22 inch monitor. Are there setting that I can tell the images to be displayed in a "stretched" manner similiar to windows desktop settings. It appears that the image is centered right now.
Why not make the image the correct size for the screen?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customizing XBMC backgrounds for ATV0