• 35(current)
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27
VanTheMan Wrote:Hi Ronie...

Really like your Skin!
Its fast, looks very good, nice art and easy to configure/use.

I was just wondering if you had seen this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54990

Its a mod for Aeon but has some really slick features build into it.
Specially were you can add your own home-items and use it to run scripts or add-ons.

Maybe fun to take a look at it....... for next release?

Again. Thanks for this wonderfull Skin Smile

Greets

yep, i've been playing with the idea of adding 1 or more custom (user-definable) buttons.
the big question is how many would be enough for everyone.

another issue is, it would ruin the layout of the vertical menu if you add too many buttons, as there's only room for 15 buttons or so.

and i know some people will enable every available button and then come complaining
that it doesn't fit on the screen. ;-)

it won't be in the next release, but i wouldn't mind adding it in the near future.

if anyone's got some ideas on the amount (and the order in the menu) of custom buttons needed, please share.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:yep, i've been playing with the idea of adding 1 or more custom (user-definable) buttons.
the big question is how many would be enough for everyone.

another issue is, it would ruin the layout of the vertical menu if you add too many buttons, as there's only room for 15 buttons or so.

and i know some people will enable every available button and then come complaining
that it doesn't fit on the screen. ;-)

Big Grin ... very true Smile

Quote:it won't be in the next release, but i wouldn't mind adding it in the near future.

if anyone's got some ideas on the amount (and the order in the menu) of custom buttons needed, please share.

Great to hear you keep it in mind.

The limit for the amount of buttons is the limit what fits in the vertical menu.
If 15 is max then use 15 for max in horizontal menu too.

Or use a submenu in the vertical menu for the custom items, this way more items are possible.

When do you think the new release come... can't wait to see it Smile
I can't believe how stunning your skin looks with music fanarts. This is blowing my mind!!!

I hope it's okay to post some screenshots? This is so much wow...

I still have got a few questions, gonna post them later...
Oo - is that music fanart? I should invest some time in my music section, if so Smile
aaronjb Wrote:Oo - is that music fanart? I should invest some time in my music section, if so Smile

It is! Big Grin
VanTheMan Wrote:When do you think the new release come... can't wait to see it Smile

a few days max, friday i think....oh and see below for a preview.

stokedfish Wrote:I can't believe how stunning your skin looks with music fanarts. This is blowing my mind!!!

I hope it's okay to post some screenshots? This is so much wow....

be my guest.... that Fiona Apple screenshot doesn't look half bad. ;-)
although i see a few points it that skin that could definitely be improved.

here's what i'm working on...

Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
yes finalt some update, is the next release will change the icons??
@ ronie, is that a playlist or an album view?
does the fanart change according to the track being played?
i know music fanart is... suboptimal in xbmc and must be hacksawed in by clever skinners like yourself. but since you're like half a day ahead of any request...
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
I'm new here but have seen an option to change fanart on track change so there is the option somewhere in the settings but not in front of my pc at the moment!!
lipo Wrote:yes finalt some update, is the next release will change the icons??

yes :-)

bidossessi Wrote:@ ronie, is that a playlist or an album view?

it's the fanart view at song level, but the now playing view will be quite similar.

bidossessi Wrote:does the fanart change according to the track being played?
i know music fanart is... suboptimal in xbmc and must be hacksawed in by clever skinners like yourself. but since you're like half a day ahead of any request...

you're right, there's some workarounds in Transparency! that enable this future.
settings > skin settings > general > change fanart on song change in now playing
next enter the path to your main music folder below this setting.

because it's a workaround it only works with a directory structure like this:
Music/Artist/Album/files
and there has to be a fanart image in the artist folder:
Music/Artist/fanart.jpg

last, the name of the artist and album folders should exactly match the artist and album name in the id3 tags of the songs, as this is what xbmc uses in the library.
nice ......cant wait 4 friday
nemulate Wrote:I'm new here but have seen an option to change fanart on track change so there is the option somewhere in the settings but not in front of my pc at the moment!!

see my reply above...
Big Grin i knew it
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
bidossessi Wrote:Big Grin i knew it

lol!
now i we could get some xbmc dev to work on this: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6782 things would become so much easier...
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.275