[WINDOWS] Build errors with Visual Studio 2003?
Question 
For some time I've been unable to build svn with Visual Studio 2003. I think this is due to the solution not being kept up to date with the various new dependencies and source files. I'm suprised noone else has mentioned this (am I seriously the only person in the world using VS2003?) so is it just my build tree that's screwed?

Errors building r20877:
  • c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\cfgmgr32.h(23) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cfg.h': No such file or directory
  • \xbmc\cores\dvdplayer\DVDPlayerAudioResampler.h(23): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'samplerate.h': No such file or directory
  • XBMC_PC fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'xbmc\cores\paplayer\paplayer_linux.cpp': No such file or directory

Changes that fix some of these:
  • add 'xbmc\lib\libsamplerate\src' to the project configuration "additional include directories"
  • remove 'paplayer_linux.cpp' from the project source tree

Anyone know what else needs to be done?
If you have a problem, first search to see if it's already been addressed.
Then, read this. Include exactly which version of XBMC and plugin/script you're using. 'latest' means nothing and may lead to rage and/or a lack of helpful replies.
U one of the few which uses it and you are right Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I thought VS2003 was only for the skin test version of the win32 builds? I stopped using it months ago and instead use the free VS2008 Express and most of my build issues went away.
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
In trunk vs2003 is used for the skin test build afaik. In linux branch vs2003 and vs2008 are building the same xbmc binary. vs2003 is still used for libs and dlls to only be dependent on msvc?71.dll's but this might change in future.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks WiSo, for reference linuxport svn now builds fine in VS2003 (r20914).
If you have a problem, first search to see if it's already been addressed.
Then, read this. Include exactly which version of XBMC and plugin/script you're using. 'latest' means nothing and may lead to rage and/or a lack of helpful replies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Build errors with Visual Studio 2003?0