NVIDIA/VDPAU and external scaler
Hi!

Is it possible with vdpau and XBMC in general, to get the video unscaled out of the HDMI-port?
I would like to connect the XBMC with an external scaler and let him do he deinterlacing and scaling.

Example: Play DVD-ISO and get 576i out of HDMI.

Thanks.
Patrick
change your resolution in linux to 576i?
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
This is no solution. XBMC and menus should be 1080p.
I also want to play HD-material
unfortunately that is pretty much the only option I am fairly sure if you want to use the higher quality scaler. PC will output only 1 resolution, the desktop resolution.

The scaler then will scale that 1 resolution to what you want.

XBMC doesn't change the desktop resolution on the fly (I don't think), so the scaler only see's one resolution (the desktop resolution) no matter what is played in XBMC and will scale based on that one resolution.

So you pretty much would be stuck having to set the desktop rez low, then have HD content downscaled by the PC then outputted to the scaler to be scaled to 1080p again... Not a pretty picture...

If you do it the other way set your desktop resolution to 1080p then the PC will upscale SD content but the scaler will still only see the 1080p of the desktop and probably just pass through or it may scale if it has settings to do so.

From searches it looks like there are a few scripts, remote tweaks where you can change your desktop resolution but they didn't look like an automated solution more like a remote button press thing...
Search is your friend

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...resolution

Looks like there may be a debate on whether XBMC should have a dynamic resolution change feature...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA/VDPAU and external scaler0