New Wide Banner 'Helix' view idea for TV Shows?
Lightbulb 
i originally posted this idea in the aeon forum as an sketch of a view i visualized for tv banners for that skin but alas no one got back to me about it and i have no idea about how skinning works so i don't even know if its possible to do let alone make it and submit a patch to aeon's git

anyone .. i post it here and maybe someone can take a look at these sketches and at least let me know how feasible this is

a quick analog mockup of what i was thinking

basically in the middle you have the way the enduser would be seeing the "rotation" around the axis .. the focused item would be the one with the arrow pointing to it so it would have that angle .. each step forward/back would be going "around" the hexagon

also .. to accomodate the size of so many banners .. the further away the banner is from the center the smaller it would get .. starts at 758 .. and successivly gets smaller the further away from the center "focused" banner .. unfortuanately after i uplaoded the pic and took a look at the math the banners are getting smaller to slow and the middle level would go beyond the scope of the screen with the numbers i have jotted down on the pic

at the top i just made reference of the angles the banners should make perspecitvly to the viewer of the "hexagon"

the stars inside the banners indicate that this is one of the banners that should be "upside down" .. to simulate the illusion of the banners rotating around a helical axis

i made another sketch ... this time the helix has a slightly different shape and i'm using an octagon instead of a hexagon to conceptualize the angles the viewer would be seeing

once again .. i'm seeing the banners shrinking the further they are away from the center but as with the previous post the actualy widths of the banners are not properly set in the sketch as they will cause overlap in certain levels and i'd like to find a mathematical model that will prevent this

i forgot to put in stars of banners which would be upside down in this view .. but from my calculations the first banner from the left and the last 3 on the right would be upside down
I think I've got a vague grasp on what you're proposing and, as far as I see it, it could be possible but the biggest hurdle would be to actually code it. A view like that would probably need a LOT of manual animation coding so whilst probably not impossible it might be improbable at this time (certainly for me anyway).

Nice idea though Cool
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
thx for getting back to me ... at least there is a glimmer of hope that it "could be possible" Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Wide Banner 'Helix' view idea for TV Shows?0