2 graphic cards + HDMI AUDIO
Hi
Tired of milions of testings, debuggin and read posts, I buy a new NVIDIA card because the ASUS m3A78-EM with ATI HD3200 embeded has a poor hd video playing with xbmc. Jerky and not smooth.

With NVIDIA geforce 9500 hdmi, the video is spectacular with hard acceleration.

My problem is about HDMI audio now. With the embeded ATI HD3200 at M3A78-EM motherboard I get hdmi audio making this changes:
- unmutting iec398 with alsamixer
- configure .asound file with
pcm.!default hdmi:HDMI
pcm.iec958 hdmi:HDMI
- Selecting at bios:
+Advanced=>Internal Graphics=>AMD 780 HD AUDIO=Enabled
+Advanced=>Onboard Devices Configuration=>HDAUDIO CONTROLLER = Disabled (because enabled does not work, and here, when is enabled there are other several settings like AC97 or HDAUDIO and SPID_OUT MODE SETTINGS with SPDIF_OUTPUT or HDMI AUDIO)

Now with the new NVIDIA geforce 9500 that is a external card, all video is working... but there is no audio. I don't know how I can configure the bios settings or audio devices at linux to make audio working by the NVIDIA HDMI. Now there are 2 HDMI I know, but I don't know how I can configure to drive the sound by the NVIDIA HDMI.

There is not any digital deco, only hdmi audio that I understand that is in STEREO (my plasma haven't any digital sound deco).

Please help... thanks in advance.
Not sure if you already did this but, to the best of my knowledge the NVIDIA geforce 9500 only supports audio passthrough, so you'll need a cable to connect your graphics card to the S/PDIF header on your motherboard.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I connect this to the motherboard now... does not work.. What will be the setup at bios and linux ? I think that the options that I say at first post must be differents...
Go into the bios, advanced settings, change spdif_out setting from "HDMI" to "SPDIF_Out" Make sure your jumper cable is attached correctly between the motherboard and video card.
eamiryar Wrote:Go into the bios, advanced settings, change spdif_out setting from "HDMI" to "SPDIF_Out" Make sure your jumper cable is attached correctly between the motherboard and video card.

Ok but...

+Advanced=>Internal Graphics=>AMD 780 HD AUDIO=Enabled? Disabled?

+Advanced=>Onboard Devices Configuration=>AC97 or HDAUDIO?

and....
have I disable asound file?
(actually with this values)
pcm.!default hdmi:HDMI
pcm.iec958 hdmi:HDMI

and....
What values at xbmc's SYSTEM=>AUDIO HARDWARE options?

Thanks
When I switched from the internal Radeon HD3200 to an nVidia card with HDMI, I first of all had to connect the motherboard's internal S/PDIF header to the graphics card. But it seems as you've already done that.

In BIOS, I disabled the internal graphics card and re-enabled the onboard audio. Then I enabled the IEC958 switches in the Alsa mixer and used the default audio hardware settings in XBMC (default / iec958). No need for any .asoundrc file (which I needed in order to get audio from the motherboard's internal HDMI output).
Hardware: AMD Athlon64 X2 5050e / Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H / GeForce GT 520 / Silverstone Grandia GD02
Software: XBMCBuntu Frodo Rc3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 graphic cards + HDMI AUDIO0