Massive video jitter with XBMC for Windows?
vsync in CCC worked perfect for me.
I hope I don't have to put it to 50hz..., 60hz for ntsc should be better Sad i will try turning on the only vsync setting i've found, when going to the ccc panel, the vsync setting said it is for 3D applications... i hope that even though the video isn't a 3D application, it still would be fixed by turning it always on. I'll give it a shot and let you guys know later on this afternoon.
Shocked I think its fixed, turned on Vsync in the ATI CCC for 3D applications, and now it looks better, if not fixed, i'm going to test alot more, and watch more videos, but i think this did it, wow, thanks alot guys Big Grin xbmc is awesome looking especially with the Aeon skin, in HD, wow. Big Grin
A sticky outlining the fundamental differences between tearing, judder and jitter and hardware specific solutions would be awesome.
That would be awesome as I don't know the difference.

I am having a similar issue with 'jitterjuddersync' on videos that are 25fps. I understand why this might be the case on a HDTV set at 60Hz but what I don't understand is that this only shows up when I output via HDMI. When I run it through VGA it all plays smooth regardless of FPS. I need to do some more testing before I post settings and logs though.

I know VGA and HDMI should look roughly the same but I really think with my setup the HDMI is outperforming the VGA. I don't know why.
Smile 
I too noticed that I got the video Jitter issue with 1GB movie files or larger. I checked all video settings (vsync, rendering, etc) and was still getting the issue. Vsync off did stop the jitter, but the frame rate was horrible.

There is one setting that I did not consider in: Settings > Systems > Video Output > Use a fillscreen window rather that true full screen: I turned this feature on to play videos in true fill screen. Have not had any problems with video playback jittering any more.

Let me know if this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Massive video jitter with XBMC for Windows?0