Incompatible Skin?
Hello. I've been trying to get a few of the mods working, but each time I try, I get the same message: Incompatible Skin. We require skins of 2.10 or higher. Now, I've been working on this for about 8 hours and I just know it's going to be a simple fix, but its beyond me, lol, and I really want to get these mods up and running.

Here's what I'm using:
Latest Auriga as of this morning.
OSX SVN 20950 also as of this morning.
I'm running Leopard on a mac mini, and Auriga has been working great, its just the two mods, that have not.
I don't get the black menu screen, which some folks have reported, so I know I'm on the right track. Literally everything is working great, but for the two mods, Leeuw's List View mod, and jsm00thie's Title Bar mod. I've downloaded both multiple times, and copied them over, replacing my files multiple times, thinking I must have done something wrong somewhere along the line. I've wiped my drive of everything, and started totally fresh with what I believe are the newest builds, and yet, same result.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry to take time away from more pressing issues, but I've searched all through the forums and haven't seen anything with an error message quite like the one I keep getting. Many many thanks!
You've probably botched the extraction (ie skin/Aeon/Aeon instead of skin/Aeon). If not, pastebin a debug log.
it's either as althekiller says or you may be missing the skin.xml from the root of the skin,
but my money is on it being in two folders and xbmc is not seeing the files past the root folder, i wish i had a pound for every person who asked this question then i would be rich beyond the dreams of avarice.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Well, what I've been doing is, I take (lets use the Title Bar mod as example) the downloaded mod which contains a new 720P and Media folder, and simply replacing it in the Aurgia folder. So, just dragging it into the Aurgia skin and voila, that should be it ... or no? Rofl, I thought that's all I had to do! Tongue I could be very mistaken. As I said, I'm certain its a real easy fix, and I'm just overlooking or doing something backwards!
Well, I got it working. I knew it was something simple, and of course, after all these hours, what was the one thing I never did: I never looked in the folders themselves; assuming they had ALL the files inside, I just did a straight replace of each, when they actually only held a handful of files. Well, that was solved in about two seconds, so thanks for the replies, I am just gonna hang my head and wonder at all the things I COULD have been doing today if I had only looked and not assumed. Lesson learned.

Also, these two mods rock. It was worth it Tongue
buffslayer Wrote:Well, I got it working. I knew it was something simple, and of course, after all these hours, what was the one thing I never did: I never looked in the folders themselves; assuming they had ALL the files inside, I just did a straight replace of each, when they actually only held a handful of files. Well, that was solved in about two seconds, so thanks for the replies, I am just gonna hang my head and wonder at all the things I COULD have been doing today if I had only looked and not assumed. Lesson learned.

Also, these two mods rock. It was worth it Tongue
Ah you live and learn. i bet you wont make that mistake againLaugh
Glad you got it working all the sameSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:it's either as althekiller says or you may be missing the skin.xml from the root of the skin,
but my money is on it being in two folders and xbmc is not seeing the files past the root folder, i wish i had a pound for every person who asked this question then i would be rich beyond the dreams of avarice.

I've tried all above and still gets the message: Incompatible Skin. We require skins of 2.10 or higher.
Steps I performed (OS - Ubuntu 9.04):
- added latest svn of XBMC following the guide of this forum (so in PM 3 HD I see I have release: xbmc pre9.10 (compiled 6th of September).
- followed the steps to get Aeon
- I ended up with two Aeon folders in my skin folder, being Aeon and Aeon Auriga
- both had immediatly all folders (so no .xbmc/skin/Aeon/Aeon but .xbmc/skin/Aeon/720p etc.
- both had also a skin.xml (aeon was v.2.1 and auriga is v2.11)

So, I've tried your tips, but still no success. Anybody an idea ? Thx.
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
if you have an xbmc build ≥ r22528 you have to edit skin.xml and change version number from 2.1 (1) to 3.0
succo Wrote:if you have an xbmc build ≥ r22528 you have to edit skin.xml and change version number from 2.1 (1) to 3.0

Please don't do that, instead 'export LC_ALL="C"' before running XBMC, you can add this to a launcher script if need be.
althekiller Wrote:Please don't do that, instead 'export LC_ALL="C"' before running XBMC, you can add this to a launcher script if need be.

Hi, I changed it like succo mentioned and it worked, but i like to perform the correct solution (cfr. althekiller). Stupid question (since I'm not familiar with linux): can I execute 'export LC_ALL="C"' via CLI ?
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
@althekiller
could it be added to tools/linux/xbmc.sh.in i svn so that it's automatically run at every start?
i tried export LC_ALL="C" and it didn't work for mediastream no matter what i did.

Is there really a problem wiht editing the skin.xml other than it being an ugly hack?
no.
I was having this problem when using the Guest account in WinXP. The solution was to change the permissions for everything under C:\Program Files\XBMC to give the Guest account full access. Actually, it might have worked to just give it read access because I think some of the skins folders couldn't even be read by the Guest account.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incompatible Skin?0