XMBC Won't Start in Jaunty
Sad 
Hello Folks,

I am new to XBMC and have installed it on two separate systems, both of which are running Jaunty 9.04. When I attempt to run the program the initial black screen comes up in a window and then disappears shortly thereafter. I have several NVIDIA packages installed now and am not really sure what I need. Any help would be appreciated. Oo
can you post xbmc.log for troubleshooting? I have many flavours of xbmc (unified-pvr, svn, standalone) running fine on jaunty on a dv6000 hp laptop.
see the scticky on this subforum for efficient problem reporting.
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
Have you installed all the dependencies?
Hmmm,

I am not sure what changed, but now I am getting an error that says I don't have an accelerated OpenGL driver.
you must have downloaded new nvidia drivers but forgot about installing them. use the restricted drivers menu in jaunty, and reboot
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
Rainbow 
Still no luck there. I think I need to start from scratch with my drivers...
SikeMo Wrote:Still no luck there. I think I need to start from scratch with my drivers...

i've had this issue before, and got it fixed by paying attention to the restricted drivers notice (system -> administration -> hardware drivers).
you can also try and run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg". if your drivers are downloaded and installed you should get them working that way.
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
My hardware config no longer shows any NVIDIA restricted drivers. Only one for my webcam.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC Won't Start in Jaunty0