[dual display] using full screen on 2nd screen
First of all I've been digging and searching through the forums finding out that different users have similar but not identical problems. Offered solutions do work in some way but don't solve my problem. So here I go:

Auto-resize (stretch and zoom) the XBMC application in maximized (e.g. fullscreen) on secondary display (=LCD TV max. 1360x768) is not working so far. My primairy display is build in my HTPC and has a different aspect ratio and resolution (max. 1024x768).
Using the somewhere meantioned trick with UltraMon does not do the complete trick.
What is does do is fill the whole screen of the TV with the black XBMC background. It kinda enlarges the "background" of the application to fill the rest of the screen. The interface bars and picture do not scale/stretch. In other words XBMC does not (or cannot) use the added black space on the right side of the display for its interface or displaying pictures. For example, playing video full screen will not display any video where the added black space is on the screen.

edit: using XBMC 9.04 ‘Babylon’ on an fully updated Windows XP with GeForce 8600GTS

Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much in front.

El Frigo Cool
which forceware version are you using?
Not sure if you tried it already but anyways, check my post on this thread #7. My monitors run the same resolution so I'm not sure if it would work. You could tweak the event ghost task that moves the window to your display.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52038

Cheers,
Darren
I'm using the lastest NVIDIA drivers, GeForce/ION Driver Release 185.
But I don't think it is the drivers.

Today I decided to switch my LCD TV to primary monitor and the build-in HTPC screen to secondary. Launching XBMC on the LCD TV wasn't giving any trouble. Switch primairy and secondary the other way around gave the original problems again.

I don't have any other trouble running different programs on the LCD TV when setup as secondary screen.

Any other idea's?
I've also had pretty much the exact same problem, and have been playing around with various suggestions from different threads over the last 3-4 hours.

(LCD monitor) Primary Display: 1280x1024
(LCD TV) Secondary Display: 1360x768

When launching XBMC, I can't find a good resolution, and the 'Auto' function detects the primary display res only.

Again, the same as happened to you, soon as I switch my TV to the primary, xbmc launches in an auto-detected 1360x768 without a problem.

I've played around with EventGhost, but since XBMC will always launch on the Primary display first, it wont detect the 1360x768 res correctly.

UltraMon is the best option as far as I can tell, creating a shortcut to XBMC that swaps the Prim/Sec Displays upon launch. This way as soon as you run XBMC it will launch to the TV in the correct res, and when you close it will auto switch the displays back to the original settings.

This is probably the best and simplest solution, at least until more resolution options are added to the 'Appearance Settings' in XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[dual display] using full screen on 2nd screen0