Playing music is currently not very comfortable/intuitive in Aeon...
Sad 
Hello,

I use XBMC to watch Movies and play Music.. first works great.. the aeon skin looks very nice.

But playing music isn't very comfortable. I control my whole mediacenter via my Harmony 555.

First problem.. it seems my music libary isn't well sorted and i should rename and change the id3 tag.. even album art has to be added on most files... is there a program (like ember media manager, which i love) to do this all the easy way?

2nd... I don't use playlists.. because it is not very comfortable to add each track by going to the menu, (i think it's a on the keyboard) then moving downwards to and pressing ok just to add one song to the playlist..
... i know i could create them on my pc via mediaplayer and open them in xbmc..

3rd.. to skip a song I've to go down (to the next track) and press ok.. ..the skip button on my remote doesn't work.

is there a randomize all or randomize folder option?

Is the music function as crappy as I think or does i do it wrong... ...like i said.. I've not much experience in playing music on xbmc.

I also tried to find movies on youtube to see what i'm doing wrong.. but there are no.

thanks for your help
mathias

sry for my bad english
I personally use a combination of allmusic.com and a program called Tag & Rename to edit and update my mp3 tag files. I also use a program called Album Art Downloader to find Album art then use Tag & Rename to attach it to the mp3 file. Tag & Rename can also do file renaming and create play list.

I haven't really used XBMC to play music all that much yet, but I would suggest reading the manual on the main website. I find it to be fairly informative.

Album Art Downloader Link

Tag and Rename Site

Hope these help with some of the things your looking for.
Give MediaMonkey a try. It's free and will do all your music organising, tagging, renaming etc that you will ever need.
I tried.. it's much better then before.. but in xbmc there are now 196 albums (instead of 10)... every trak on a compilation is a different album with name: artist of the track on the compilation - compilation
ah... ok I've found the problem. I had to mark all the mp3s from compilations and set the "album artist" to Various Artist.. now it works.. perfect..

for all those, seachin:
multiple album albums music libary compilation
NatroN Wrote:ah... ok I've found the problem. I had to mark all the mp3s from compilations and set the "album artist" to Various Artist.. now it works.. perfect..

for all those, seachin:
multiple album albums music libary compilation

Also you can have it set to hide artists who only appear on compilations

Settings -> Music -> Library -> Hide artists who only appear on compilations

Cheers!
And it's hardly XBMC/Aeon's fault if your remote doesn't work properly.
sure it's xbmc/aeons fault.. there's no possibility to skip a track.. just du go down to the next and press ok..
Press < or > on your keyboard for skip.
hmm.. this would mean to press left or right on my remote would do the same... possible I've never tried this.. thanks!
Sorry meant to be , and .
Hitcher Wrote:Sorry meant to be , and .
I've coded the skip function to 1 and 3 keys on my bluetooth numpad and it works just fine.
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing music is currently not very comfortable/intuitive in Aeon...0