Help with a few things...
HI everyone,

I have recently downloaded the XBMC for my windows vista and must say this is by far the best media centre program i have ever used! A big thanks to everyone who was involved in creating it!!

I do have a few questions on how to do a few things though....

1. i have located my movies and tv shows on xmbc and changed my skin to the mediastream one as i like that the best but when i go to movies or tv show options they dont show anything in there...they all appear in the videos sectionHuh?

2. I dont have internet at home atm (SHOCK HORROR I KNOW!!) reason for this is im in the middle of moving and staying at my releatives....so i dont have any of the covers or fan art etc for any of my movies.....if i ws to go to a friends house and connect to the net and get the fan art , case covers etc would it stay when i disconnect it from the internetHuh

i knwo i must sound like a newb but i just trying to learn the program and use it as best i can!!

many thanks for all your help!!

Smile
Hi and welcome.

1: you need to add them to your library -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Library

2: yes they would stay. you can also look into the verious media managers out there, like Media Companion, MIP, Ember media manager etc.. Set up a "dummy" structure of your media and use those apps to download covers, fanart, etc.

For learning more, see the wiki and these forums Smile
thanks for your response, can i also do this with downlaod movies/tvshows?
You can add any kind of video to your library, so long as XBMC recognizes it as a video. You could even add a txt file, if you renamed it and changed the extension from .txt to .mkv. It wouldn't play anything, but if XBMC could find the movie name, the file would be added to the library.

I'm not sure if I fully understood your question, so if that doesn't help, feel free to rephrase.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with a few things...0