Help with EVERYTHING?
Question 
Ive read the tutorials for ever now and Im just not getting it. I am using the media stream skin and maybe thats where my problem lies, but for the life of me I cant get this program to work for me.

I can add videos but when I set the content IMBD doesnt do anything. It acts like its going to search and doesnt.

Are there any threads here in the forums to help a noob get started?

I was going for something like this
http://www.teamrazorfish.co.uk/mediastre...wplain.png

Huh
With the scanning I also have a lot of problems.
The best thing is to start from scratch. First, Remove your source.
Then "Add Source". Then Set Contents. Then "Scan for new content".
ironically I got it working now. I did scan. set content. scan. I now cannot get it to show the movie description. It says **hidden to prevent spoilers. If anyone has any other pointers for me I would greatly appreciate them.

Also do not understand how to delete the movie out of the library.
It might help you to switch to the default skin until you get the hang of things. It may not be as pretty, but at least it's intuitive.
Agreed. PM3 is the default for a reason. I've been using various iterations of XBMC for quite a long time now, and I still switch back to PM3 if I'm having a problem.

In this case, the context menu is ALWAYS your friend. You hit 'c,' the menu pops up, you select "remove from library" to remove something from the library. It doesn't delete the movie from your hard drive, because XBMC doesn't delete items from your hard drive.

In addition, from your movie folder, you can click 'c' while hovering over a movie to get directly to your video "settings" region, which, in addition to many other things, allows you to select or unselect "Hide plot for unwatched items."

Essentially, the context menu is going to get you pretty far if you just take the time to understand what it is offering.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with EVERYTHING?0