ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 5 Average
andyblac Offline
Posting Freak
Wink  ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList
hi all,

time to update this posting Wink

Welcome to AEON ShowMix, an abbreviation of the great AEON Auriga skin done by DJH.

As this skin mod evolved, a lot of changes have been done. Here's a video of what you will get when you install AEON ShowMix 2.0:
(video coming soon! bare with us..)

A special thanks to all the ppl that created mods for aeon auriga (especially anoobie for his trailer mod, CF2009 for the home customisation mod and eumel for his vertical menu mod), gave me inspirations and allowed me to redo their work to fit into my vision of a mod.
Also thanks to azido for creating the showmix wiki and for handling most of the user support in here.
Finally thanks to the ppl that shared endless skype sessions with me on the goal to improve ShowMix - you know who you are.

For any questions regarding the usage of this mod, we strongly advise you to read our WIKI at assembla: ShowMix WIKI

About the Skin:

Current version as of 21.09.2009: V 2.01

For a list of changes, see history

Download Here

HOW TO INSTALL (METHOD ONE)
1) Download from GitHub using the link above (using the download button on github)
2) Download the required fonts from here.
3) Extract all downloaded files (mod + fonts) into a dir in your XBMC "Skins" folder - i.e. c:\program files\xbmc\skin\Aeon ShowMix

HOW TO INSTALL (METHOD TWO)
1) Clone my Github repository (HERE is a good description for beginners)
from this adress: git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git
2) Download the required fonts from here.
3) Assuming your clone already sits inside XBMC's skins directory, extract the fonts dir inside your clone folder.

Views you get:

Overview (note: this reflects the current screens as of 20.09.2009)
[Image: aeonshowmixviewmodes.jpg]

-Standard MultiPlex view:

Style: ART = Fanart + Plot + Trailer
Style: Plot = 2 ExtraThumbs + Plot+ Trailer
Style: Poster = Cover + Plot+ Trailer
Style: Thumb = ExtraThumbs Slideshow + Trailer + Plot

-Fullscreen MultiPlex view:

Style: ART = Fanart + Plot + Trailer
Style: Plot = 4 ExtraThumbs + Plot+ Trailer
Style: Poster = 2 ExtraThumbs + Cover + Plot+ Trailer
Style: Thumb = ExtraThumbs Slideshow + Trailer + Plot

-List View (File Mode):

Switch between Poster and Square Thumb
Uses Backdrops you've set

-List View (Library Mode):

Switch between Poster and Square Thumb
Switch between Standard List and Full List
Switch between Fanart,Backdrops and Red Curtain(where available)

Note: List view options depend on the library you're in.

-Fullscreen List view:

Same as standard List view, but using whole screen. Note: This will be replaced soon by a "Low List View"

-Wall view:

Switch between Default Grid and Max Grid
Switch between Fanart, Backdrops or Texture (where available)

If you want to make use of Extrathumbs with SPANNED (STACKED) movies, follow this guide:

1. go to your movies library, note the name of the film, say "V For Vendetta".
2. Make sure the folder is named EXACTLY the same as the title of the movie (Note: you can edit movie title in xbmc to match your directory)

My Movies Folder
+ V For Vendetta
...V For Vendetta.cd1.avi
...V For Vendetta.cd2.avi
...+ extrathumbs
..... thumb1.jpg
..... thumb2.jpg

2. Go back to XBMC, and go to customize > advanced > showmix and set the Movie folder location to the path of your movies folder "My Movies Folder"

[Image: folderlocation.jpg]

3. If you renamed any folders, you need update the movie library so xbmc finds the new location. You may need to "remove" the old V for Vendetta first, otherwise you will end up with two V for Vendettas...
4. Go back to "V for Vendetta" in the movie library, wait for the info trigger, enjoy your thumbnails..

NOTE: Avoid using movie titles with characters like ".", "," and ":" etc.. inside. You'll have to rename those to "-" or something. On Windows, ":" is not a valid character for file/folder names, and if there is a comma in your directory,
your TRAILER will not show up inside the views, no matter what you do. So:
"Master and Commander: Far side of the World" -> "Master and Commander - Far side of the world"
"Monsters, Inc." -> "Monsters Inc"
I suggest you check the nfo for each movie, or rename the movie in XBMC and folder names etc to match..

FEATURE REQUESTS, BUG REPORTS, ETC.

We have set up an account on Assembla where we have a WIKI and a TICKET SYSTEM.
In order to make use of the ticket system (means: submit requests and bug reports), you need to register an account there (it's free of charge).
Once registered, you can give us your input by sending an email to showmix@tickets.assembla.com from your registered email adress.

For bug report submissions to assembla, please assign the version number for the showmix version you're currently using to the subject of your mail.

i.e.: there is still no way showmix will give me popcorn! [VER 2.00 (Git-300)]

That way we can see if the issue you've came up with isn't already solved and you just need to update to a more recent version. Plus, it's a lot easier to track them down, which saves time for all of us..

You can assign screenshots and files to your ticket by sending them as an attachment to your mail. NOTE: You cannot add screenshots/files/comments to a ticket once you've submitted it, so make
sure you have them already placed when submitting.

Feel free to post comments or questions not answered in wiki yet, and suggestions are always welcome, too - but please use our ticket system for feature requests, they will be more likely noticed
there that in this thread.

Enjoy the mod!
(This post was last modified: 2009-09-21 21:28 by andyblac.)
find quote
123ccd Offline
Shocked Amazing!
Can't wait! Totally awesome work!
find quote
Jamdez Offline
Very impressive work! Screenshot wouldn't do it justice. Great video!

I can't wait to see where you're going with this.

Keep up the good work!
find quote
Kingmartinus Offline
Total amazing man!!!! Congrats, one of the best skin out there, i would really like to test it!! :-) maybe you could send them by e-mail to me( kingmartinus@hotmail.com) or upload them here as i'am sure i'am not the only one that would be glad to test it!!! Anyways really great work!!
find quote
pletopia Offline
Posting Freak
VERY impressive
find quote
GrinRoth Offline
Impressive!
Looks awesome. Can't wait to download and test it
find quote
diemos Offline
thats fawkign awesome, though i wish there would be a way to show less posters, because i think it would kill my xbox showing that many.

The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
find quote
Doraemonn Offline
Aeon Group
The info panel may need to come up faster, but otherwise this is looking fantastic! Good work Smile
find quote
andyblac Offline
Posting Freak
diemos Wrote:thats fawkign awesome, though i wish there would be a way to show less posters, because i think it would kill my xbox showing that many.

i'l look into it, maybe i could have a setting in the advance prefs saying "XBOX", instead of 10 each side maybe 5, would that work ?
find quote
jsm00thie Offline
I've been dying for a mod like this. Fantastic work bud, can't wait to try it out. (I'd help test if needed)
find quote
andyblac Offline
Posting Freak
Doraemonn Wrote:The info panel may need to come up faster, but otherwise this is looking fantastic! Good work Smile

that's easy to sort, the most time spent looking for a fix to a problem was 3 hours trying to workout how to have certain fields scroll when too long.
find quote
z][ggy Offline
fantastic work mate Nod
find quote
dgm1960 Offline
This is really incredible! I hope you will add this to the music section at some point.
find quote
o_neill Offline
Really good work, man. Nod
Can't believe this is your first mod.
find quote
boxterduke Offline
Best of both worlds, that is awesome and can't wait to get it.
find quote