XBMC crash when displaying Audio OSD (and no subtitles)
Hi, I recently discovered XBMC and I'm impressed.

I've setup my PC's 2 DVI outputs as two X Screens; one screen is my computer lcd panel, and the other is my 1080p LCD TV. I run XBMC full screen in the TV display. I use VDPAU (nvidia 8600), and digital (iec958) audio output.

Running on Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64, xbmc 9.04.1 from xbmc's repos.

Basically everything fine out of the box, except for one glitch.

When I'm playing movies, if I open the OSD and try to select Audio Settings, XBMC immediately crashes (segfaults). I happens 100% of the time with all movies I could test with (x264 mkv's, xvid avi's).

I'm trying to reach audio settings in order to get XBMC to display subtitles which for some reason it is not displaying by default, which may or may not be related to this problem.

Here's a pastebin of the logfile of XBMC crash.

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/195048/

For now, no subtitles in my mediacenter :/
This is a known issue on x86_64. However it does not happen for all videos (at least that was my impression). Search trac for the ticket. I remember someone attaching a patch to the ticket which you can apply to the svn sources. This of course means you have to compile xbmc from svn sources. Alternatively switch to 32bit (as i did).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Haggy Wrote:This is a known issue on x86_64. However it does not happen for all videos (at least that was my impression). Search trac for the ticket. I remember someone attaching a patch to the ticket which you can apply to the svn sources. This of course means you have to compile xbmc from svn sources. Alternatively switch to 32bit (as i did).

Thanks! hopefully they will fix this in the next stable version.

Did you install the 32bit version from the repos? not sure how to force apt-get to grab the 32-bit packages of xbmc instead of the amd64s?

BTW - subtitles in general do work when there is an external .srt file, the problem is when subtitles are embedded in matroska (mkv) files.XBMC does not seem to support these yet.
htpcero Wrote:Thanks! hopefully they will fix this in the next stable version.

Did you install the 32bit version from the repos? not sure how to force apt-get to grab the 32-bit packages of xbmc instead of the amd64s?

BTW - subtitles in general do work when there is an external .srt file, the problem is when subtitles are embedded in matroska (mkv) files.XBMC does not seem to support these yet.

Don't know about the subtitles, but there are quite some threads in here dealing with subtitles and different formats. With "switch to 32bit" i meant entirely Smile I'm on Archlinux and compile from svn, so i cannot answer your question, but in theory one can run 32bit binaries with the help of lib32 (nasty). I don't know if apt will pull in all dependencies.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crash when displaying Audio OSD (and no subtitles)0