XBOX only skin sub-forum?
Just wondering if perhaps it's time for a sub-forum for xbox compatible skins and skin-mods?

Using the Aeon sub-forum as an example, it is getting increasingly difficult to keep track of what mod or support question is for what incarnation of the skin. I'm sure it is difficult for _djh as he never intended his skin to be used on the old xbox, and it's difficult for xbox specific modders as well.

It's obviously too early in the skin development for a complete branch off for the xbox (such as Horizonz from the original). And with the different code now for background texture loading that hasn't as yet made it to the xbox, coupled with the increasing number of high memory usage skins, is it time to give the xbox skin support questions there own place?

Just thinking out loud here.....

Further reason for a sub-forum? Spiffs comment

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Please just use the "[XBOX]" prefix in the topics subject line of now, and search by title only for 'lite' skin releases.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
So i take that as a no thenSad
I for one am in favour of this for us poor peasants who rely on the the old xbox for our
Media playback, May be it's time to think about our own website or something so we don't hold up the development any more
With our pointless requests for help and support:p
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Don't take it that way, we just recently cleaned up the forum. Adding too much can instead make things go the opposite way, eg harder for the users to find information.

The forum is already a complete nightmare to handle and adding more and more subforums would probably make it worse.
blittan Wrote:Don't take it that way, we just recently cleaned up the forum. Adding too much can instead make things go the opposite way, eg harder for the users to find information.

The forum is already a complete nightmare to handle and adding more and more subforums would probably make it worse.

I do understand. I might have to have a think about an easier way to manage xbox only versions of skins. It's reached that stage in the poor old xbox's lifecycle where the performance divide is requiring this I think.

Anyway, cheers.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBOX only skin sub-forum?0