Planned modifications to the layout of information presented by myth://
Lightbulb 
I am planning to make some changes to the layout of information presented by myth:// so the listings are more readable for some of the other commonly used skins, e.g. Aeon and MediaStream, which have limited space reserved on the right hand side of a listing.

I also plan to restrict the number of Sort By options that are available for each area. Many of the default sort options provided out-of-the-box by XBMC don't mean anything useful for some of the lists.

Below are notes of the proposed changes and screenshots of how the listings will appear using PM3.HD for the areas that will change.

Please provide feedback (good or bad) if you use the MythTV myth:// integration. Your feedback will influence these changes.

All Recordings
  • Sort by Date and Name only
  • Name shown on the left when sorting by Date
  • Date shown on the right when sorting by Date
  • Name + (Date) shown on the left when sorting by Name
  • Time shown on the right when sorting by Name
  • Name + (Recording) shown if currently recording (in either sorting mode)
  • Does anyone use sort by Size? Why do you use it? To try and find a short running show? Something else?

Guide
  • Sort by Name only

Guide for Channel
  • Sort by Date only (only ascending makes sense)
  • Time in 24 hour format on left so following program names line up
  • Date on the right hand side

Live Channels
  • Sort by Name only
  • Channel number followed by the program name
  • Channel name on the right hand side
  • Does anyone use sort by "TV shows"?

Movies
  • Sort by Name and Date only
  • Movie name doesn't change. Nothing shown on the right hand side.

TV Shows
  • Sort by Name only

TV Shows Folder
  • Same behaviour as for All Recordings
I'm about to commit this change. If you have any concerns re the changes please post your comments here.
I have no problems with any of those changes.

Thanks for doing this.
Hi Dave,

Looks good, thanks for these changes.

Quick question, I can only see mythtv in files mode - just wondering if you link the mythtv functionality to the main menu or how you handle it?

Cheers,
Alex
I'm using the Aeon skin at the moment and have the myth:// source set as the default source from the Videos menu link. So when I choose Videos from the menu it goes straight to the list of Myth directories, e.g. All Recordings, Movies, TV Shows etc.

Most skins behave quite differently to the default Project Mayhem skin in terms of accessing the library.

I used to use the MediaStream skin and it has pretty much the same functionality from the menu as Aeon.

I access Movies through the library generally (after setting the Content type on the myth:// Movies folder).
Cheers, good tip, I like minimedia - I can set my myth:// source as default for the TV section. It's all coming together Big Grin
Quickie question:

I'm using MythTV trunk (0.22) and nothing shows up using the myth:// protocol. Is 0.22 different enough to break compatibility, or should this still work?
haven't checked, but it just might be incompatible. i'll check if they updated their wiki on it. in either case a debug log would give us some more clues.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

how nice of them a huge changeset with the following mentioned. "Huh Items affected: FILL_POSITION_MAP and possibly GetChainWithRecording. Associated with the merging of the mythtv-vid branch to trunk " ie we have NO clue what that might have changed
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Planned modifications to the layout of information presented by myth://0