IGP slowdown
Thanks to gnif for this patch. Finally resolves the slowdown on many iGPUs.
Thanks gnif.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
No problems, was lots of fun tracking it down Smile
Only took about 2 days and then 15 minutes of kicking myself for not noticing the obvious. Tongue
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
It was hardly obvious! It looked at first glance to be identical to the other CSurface calls. Anyway - pat yourself on the back and bask in your glory, looks like we may be getting 9.04.2 on linux.
Does this apply to windows as well?
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Yes, good work gnif.. Smile

I'd like to honor the XBMC devs, since I've seen a lot of effort on a few issues I personally feel is of great importance.
- The whole initiative of smooth playback. All media types, whether it be PAL/NTSC or Bluray. Correct playback ("adjust refresh rate"), and with it features to clock sound synchronization to video.

- I've also heard about up-coming projects focusing on the handling of Audio (new DSP layers - LCPM handling). This means HD-formats is to be introduced, very exciting.

These two projects are, at least to me, important cornerstones in a mediacenter solution.
I can't wait to see how XBMC will develop, exciting times ahead.. Smile

Thank you all! Smile
//M
Re Windows:
After glancing at the source I don't think so, windows did not have this issue, but you can compile it and find out Smile
I'm not too familiar with the bug in the first place, but was it slowdowns in the gui, gui and playback or both?

/regards
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
never applied patches in windows, how do i do it, cant find the GraphicContext.cpp

is this patch going to be implemented in the svn? cause i see svn is still 20937 on the launchpad
henrikyo Wrote:never applied patches in windows, how do i do it, cant find the GraphicContext.cpp

is this patch going to be implemented in the svn? cause i see svn is still 20937 on the launchpad

it's in r21063
It was only a problem on Linux, as the line in question was contained in an #ifdef HAS_GLX
motd2k Wrote:It was only a problem on Linux, as the line in question was contained in an #ifdef HAS_GLX

Ok
i mean how to apply in linux :/ miss spoke there a tiny bit. I dont know if i have to edit a file or what to do. I tried to to find the graphiccontext.cpp, but i couldnt, and therefor i was wondering when this will be implemented in the svn, since im not good at dealing with manual patching
henrikyo Wrote:i mean how to apply in linux :/ miss spoke there a tiny bit. I dont know if i have to edit a file or what to do. I tried to to find the graphiccontext.cpp, but i couldnt, and therefor i was wondering when this will be implemented in the svn, since im not good at dealing with manual patching

I already said that it is in SVN revision 21063. Update your source and then compile...
there is always one Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IGP slowdown0