IGP slowdown
ah damn, I misunderstood sparky's post... after reading it for maybe the third time, I got it. one of the beers yesterday night must've been bad...
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:one of the beers yesterday night must've been bad...

It's *always* the last one...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ok, so am i right in thinking that this fixes the `judder` problem the ion based boards have when playing HD back (when they pan a scene)?

and also is there no release availible with this included other than getting the saource and compiling it yourself?

cheers
Probably not. Judder is an inherent artifact of 24p content. If your frame rate never goes above 30fps, then this will fix your problem.
thecheekymonkey Wrote:and also is there no release availible with this included other than getting the saource and compiling it yourself?

fixed since r21063
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
thecheekymonkey Wrote:ok, so am i right in thinking that this fixes the `judder` problem the ion based boards have when playing HD back (when they pan a scene)?

Nearly all boards with IGP had the judder problem, also have the ION-based ones.
Mine (Zotac) is now completely judder-free!

thecheekymonkey Wrote:and also is there no release availible with this included other than getting the saource and compiling it yourself?

cheers

No, you have to compile from svn or find a source with pre-compiled packages (I don't know any, as I'm compiling from SVN - it's easy, as I can manage it as a noob :-) )
XBMC 9.11 (SVN 28275) on minimal Ubuntu 9.04
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
pat1975 Wrote:Nearly all boards with IGP had the judder problem, also have the ION-based ones.
Mine (Zotac) is now completely judder-free!

No, you have to compile from svn or find a source with pre-compiled packages (I don't know any, as I'm compiling from SVN - it's easy, as I can manage it as a noob :-) )

thanks for the posts

you could try

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=BL

seems a pretty good sight, think i will update tonight

thannks very much for the reply!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. i`ll report back Smile
ok well i followed a guide on here for updating a live install of xbmc live and my system is now unworkable, does anyone know of a location of a ready built newer svn iso disk of the live version?

cheers
thecheekymonkey Wrote:ok well i followed a guide on here for updating a live install of xbmc live and my system is now unworkable, does anyone know of a location of a ready built newer svn iso disk of the live version?

cheers

Which guide was that? I want to do the same as well (update Live).

Edit: Without killing it of course.
Can someone help me intergrate this patch into the Live version of XBMC?

I just don't want to install a full Ubuntun version and then XBMC.
The fact that XBMC live boots so fast is the main reason to use it.
Also the fact that I do not have ANY experience with Linux is also a big reason
You would have to compile xbmc from svn sources (where this patch is already in btw). That's nothing i'd recommend to ANY newbie in Linux. Alternatively, use one of the SVN PPAs (read the stickies where to get'em and how to install).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IGP slowdown0