IGP slowdown
Well mate ive been in linux for the first time, and i have updated my xbmc from the ppa. in synaptic package manger. I have reloaded inside there, but its the same version as i have.

maybe i should explained that i dont know linux one bit, a shame, since 1080p movies at the time is lagging because i dont have the patch.

https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...DME.ubuntu
i did found that, but its way to hardcore for my linux knowledge. I allways thoughted it woul bee on the ppa, but i guess not
it's not like the ppa updates instantly when a commit hits svn.. that would require magic
henrikyo Wrote:Well mate ive been in linux for the first time, and i have updated my xbmc from the ppa. in synaptic package manger. I have reloaded inside there, but its the same version as i have.

maybe i should explained that i dont know linux one bit, a shame, since 1080p movies at the time is lagging because i dont have the patch.

https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...DME.ubuntu
i did found that, but its way to hardcore for my linux knowledge. I allways thoughted it woul bee on the ppa, but i guess not

Then you have to wait til the ppa is updated. As the .cpp file is part of the sourcecode, and you don't have the sourcecode obviously.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
ok thank you Smile
Hi henrikyo,

I'm a total linux-noob to, but finally managed to compile myself (with the help of haggy here in the board).

Where are you stuck?

Patrick
XBMC 9.11 (SVN 28275) on minimal Ubuntu 9.04
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
watzen Wrote:Then you have to wait til the ppa is updated.

well, I'd say that a 9.04.2 will be coming. maybe quite soon Cool

now that we have this performance problem ironed out, I think the next thing on the agenda should be to focus on the audio capabilities with the recent advances in alsa 1.0.20 and the nvidia developers. I smell some HD audio coming up in our future Shocked
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:well, I'd say that a 9.04.2 will be coming. maybe quite soon Cool

aren't we already have a 9.04.2? https://edge.launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-svn/+archive/ppa

Hannes The Hun Wrote:now that we have this performance problem ironed out, I think the next thing on the agenda should be to focus on the audio capabilities with the recent advances in alsa 1.0.20 and the nvidia developers. I smell some HD audio coming up in our future Shocked

I would love this as well as I have to recode the good TrueHD to 5.1, to get it working in XBMC.
XBMC 9.11 (SVN 28275) on minimal Ubuntu 9.04
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
pat1975 Wrote:aren't we already have a 9.04.2? https://edge.launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-svn/+archive/ppa

that's not the final build Wink just an SVN snapshot of pre-9.04.2 that's still missing the performance patch
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Just like to add my thanks to gnif for fixing this one. I had concluded that my IGP (7050PV) was to weak and had to be run at 1280x720 to get correct refresh, now I have 1980x1080 in all it's glory.Cool

Chris
now that's interesting... your 7050 isn't supposed to support VDPAU Wink
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Didn't realise this had anything to do with VDPAU, I thought it was related to anti-aliasing?

I do get offered VDPAU in the menus in xbmc and every so often I give it a try just in case my 7050 has morphed into something better.Laugh

Chris
had absolutely nothing to do with vdpau
spiff Wrote:had absolutely nothing to do with vdpau

yes I know, but again, it's interesting that on his 7050 the VDPAU acceleration is working
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
sure, just answered the question
Hannes The Hun Wrote:yes I know, but again, it's interesting that on his 7050 the VDPAU acceleration is working

It surely isn't Smile However, FSAA is a huge performance loss on any GPU, especially those with a weak memory bandwith like the IGPs. That said, every damn box benefits from this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IGP slowdown0