• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Scraper Editor (Based on ScraperXML open source C# Library) - Help wanted!
Thumbs Up 
Scraper editor partially finished (finished enough to make scrapers)

Haven't added the tester yet, as i'm having problems with scraperXML's http protocol in c#

Runnning on Linux via Mono (Notice there were a few bugs i had to work out on it namely the bindings, but now it runs error free on linux)Image

Running on windows (Notice the highlighting of Matches and turning text of match groups to Red)

Download

Just a slight note, use ctrl+v to paste text into box below as i haven't included a context menu for that yet, in the expression box i haven't yet finished the context menu, (which will include common regular expression which will be configurable via an XML file)

This will load edit and save any scraper made from scratch or that comes with XBMC. In it is an enhanced version of the Excalibur Scraper (which gets linked actors AND non-linked actors - and instead of guessing at image names actually goes and downloads images from the actor page)

oh and as a reminder !!!!DO NOT!!!!! use XML entities in the editor, put the pure xml in and entities will be managed on compiling the XML file!
ScraperXML Open Source Web Scraper Library compatible with XBMC XML Scrapers

I Suck, and if you act now by sending only $19.95 and a self addressed stamped envelop, so can you!

nice! just not having to write those xml tags will save tons of time Smile
Looks great, thanks for the effort!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Excellent work, very useful
Currently adding xml editing for those "purists" and integrating ScraperXML for testing scrapers. All previously broken features are fixed, and hope to release the full version of it by end of next week. ScraperXML will be updated as soon as finish all its integration featues (using this for an integration demonstration.

I Suck, and if you act now by sending only $19.95 and a self addressed stamped envelop, so can you!

Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
Great stuff, thanks! Cool
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
A type of 'debug mode' would be brilliant for the app. So you can throw a query search term or nfo at the app and step through the regexp expressions and functions while seeing the values of the buffers.
DonJ Wrote:A type of 'debug mode' would be brilliant for the app. So you can throw a query search term or nfo at the app and step through the regexp expressions and functions while seeing the values of the buffers.

Well i'm making it so that one can test each functon individually you can give a url (or local file) to test the function with, as far as stepping through i'd have to make a few modifications to the scraperxml library just for the tester, but i'm already doing that with other options (like the individual function testing took a few mods to the source of ScraperXML)

As for the buffers, i curretly have it so you can watch up to three buffers at once (each watch can be selected via combobox) anything more than three at a time can get too crowded

DonJ if you give me a list of your ideas for this "debug mode" i can work on integrating them into the program

New Release coming monday
(I figure i'll give myself the weekend to work out the bugs in linux)

Function Editor

RegExp Editor

Scraper Info Editor

Tester
(Tester Fully Functional in windows, Linux has a problem with the walk mode)

One can throw anything at the Tester, Simulate XBMC's passed values, open NFO's, XML's saved html.. or set the buffers to whatever you want. As shown below

Is this what you had in mind DonJ Huh

Yes, looks great. Looking forward to the next release.
Thanks for the sticky!!!

Version 1.5 is ready

Here ya go new release.
Download and ENJOY!!!

I'm working on a Help file that will not only explain the use of ScraperXML Editor, but give a detailed tutorial from start to finish of writing a scraper, some basic guidelines on do's and don'ts and good scraper writing tips.

Is anybody using this?
I need a little feedback, as to if there are any errors , and some suggestions for improvment would be nice as well

Will there be any tutorial for this tool? When I open working scraper, how can I test it see how it works? I have no idea how to use it.
Eso Rimmer Wrote:Will there be any tutorial for this tool? When I open working scraper, how can I test it see how it works? I have no idea how to use it.

Yes there's a whole suite coming soon with Help files

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Scraper Editor (Based on ScraperXML open source C# Library) - Help wanted!1