Aeon a little slow on mothers HTPC, CPU to blame?
I just finished building my mom her own HTPC to use at her place, as I showed her XBMC + Aeon last time she came to visit and she loved it. I build a pc using a 2.66 Ghz. C2D E7200, 2 GB pc 6400 ram, and the motherboard is an MSI board with integrated graphics +HDMI.

In the bios, I've set 256MB available for the graphics card, even though I know windows doesn't use hardware acceleration yet. When I finished building the box, I hooked it to my tv and installed XBMC and aeon Auriga. XBMC runs fine, though CPU usage is between 40-80%, it only drops frames at the beginning of videos. The default XBMC theme runs fine, but Aeon is a little sluggish. Is this because of the CPU, or the graphics card? I can overclock the processor to 3Ghz to remedy that, but If I need to get a new graphics card, I'll look around.

One thing I've thought about though is using the Aeon Lite version to see if thats any better.

anyone have thoughts?
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
This is probably the problem - 'integrated graphics'
IT's a Geforce 7150 graphics chip, I know XBMC relies SOMEWHAT on on graphics, but I was under the impression that it was more cpu usage? that being the case, then I guess I'll look at a slightly better video card for it.

IF it is indeed because of the 7150, then would this card be a good substitute? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814131151

or this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814187082
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon a little slow on mothers HTPC, CPU to blame?0