Ideas for replacing the studio flag with something easier to manage?
Just thought I'd throw this out there as I'm sure it's on other people's minds aswell..

Anyone have any ideas or implement any changes to their setup as far as studio flagging goes? With this new mod to grab codecs, etc., it makes things very easy to flag 50% of what we're dealing with here. Source type is easily dealt with as all those images are pre-made and set to go. I find myself constantly running into problems populating my library with proper studio flags. It's either BS'ing the studio ( which I feel like I'm cheating myself with No ) or just leaving it blank.

Has anyone completely replaced their studio flag with something else? I've considered an IMDB star rating, but wasn't sure if it'd look out of place. Basically what I'm looking for is something that's a lot easier to manage. I've got a severe case of OCD and can't stand that blank space for my lack of flag. Haha. Thanks guys.
Some have replaced with the MPAA Rating...
Theres suitable studio logos availible for nearly every movie in that standard pack.

If you have a movie with a strange studio name, just search the movie in wikipedia and look at the distributer of the movie on the right, most of the time it will be well known studios like Warner or Paramount etc which are easy to fix. having said that there are a still some obscure ones.
DuMbGuM Wrote:Theres suitable studio logos availible for nearly every movie in that standard pack.

If you have a movie with a strange studio name, just search the movie in wikipedia and look at the distributer of the movie on the right, most of the time it will be well known studios like Warner or Paramount etc which are easy to fix. having said that there are a still some obscure ones.

I agree the big studio's are in there but...
Unfortunatlly there are a lot of smaller studio's that work on a movie (looking at IMDB) there can be up to 7 or 8 different studio's involved in amovie making it likely that you will encounter a less well known studio.
My solution to that is to look up which studio's actually worked on the movie and only show the big name (which is not always the first one returned by IMDB, if there is no big name and I don't have a logo for it yet... I try and find one and make a logo my self.

I think that the current logo pack is very extensive and covers pretty much 90% of the more popular movies. But it might be good to add to XBMC an option to fetch any studio flags from a central repository in case the flag is not currently available on the local instalation. Of course this would mean a regular check or a check with every library update etc... but that should not be to hard to build.
Maybe we can ask themoviedb and thetvdb admins to add a bit to their respective API's to make this possible.
if you are missing studio icons, look the forum up for studio flags. Reaven is doing an amazing work compiling esoteric studio icons and he has quite a list going on.
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
rcoops Wrote:I agree the big studio's are in there but...
Unfortunatlly there are a lot of smaller studio's that work on a movie (looking at IMDB) there can be up to 7 or 8 different studio's involved in amovie making it likely that you will encounter a less well known studio.
My solution to that is to look up which studio's actually worked on the movie and only show the big name (which is not always the first one returned by IMDB, if there is no big name and I don't have a logo for it yet... I try and find one and make a logo my self.

Oh, cool. I wasn't aware that a movie could have more than one studio, haha. I'll have to look into that. I think once I tackle most of my library, it'll be easier to stay on top of things. Obviously fixing studio flags for a bunch of movies can seem like a daunting task at first, but once I knock most of it out, it should be easier to keep updated.

I'll have a look once I get home. Thanks guys.

- Evan
check out emm it even have a feature to select the studio you have a flag for Wink
I've used EMM. Only for a little bit though. Have to run windows side by side on my mac so it can be troublesome. I was trying it primarily for the extrathumb feature, but it never really worked out for me. I've come to the conclusion that I prefer doing everything manualy. More work, but until something comes out that is just as good for mac, ill stay put.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ideas for replacing the studio flag with something easier to manage?0