PlugPlayer - Stream music from XBMC library to iOS iDevice (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
Thumbs Up 
Thought I'd post to anyone that's interested in streaming music to their iphone/ipod touch.

Works well, just had to switch on the upnp options in XBMC (XBOX / v9.04.1) . The UI is a bit clunky and unpolished but it does what it says on the tin!

I was happily streaming music from XBMC to my ipod touch (my actual music is on a NAS box). Can't comment on video as I don't have any in the format the player/ipod supports.

http://www.plugplayer.com in the app store for £2.99.

I suppose if you have VPN access from your iphone/ipod touch to your home network you could stream music anywhere you have network access (if all relevant kit is on).

Cheers
Hi there,

Was just wondering what version of plugplayer you were using as I have tried it with a pretty recent build of xbmc for xbox and it couldnt find any UPNP server at the IP address of the xbox.

I have all the UPNP settings switched to on in the xbox settings.

Cheers
Rolf
Thumbs Up 
kangarolf Wrote:Hi there,

Was just wondering what version of plugplayer you were using as I have tried it with a pretty recent build of xbmc for xbox and it couldnt find any UPNP server at the IP address of the xbox.

I have all the UPNP settings switched to on in the xbox settings.

Cheers
Rolf

Hello!

I had a similar problem. But after restarting the App it found all devices in my WLAN. Nerd

Actually its a quite nice App because you can also stream the music (controlled via iPad) from the XBMC to another UPnP device. So I played music from XBMC on my Philips streamium and the other way round. Nod
Very nice.
krijeck
rebuilding ....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlugPlayer - Stream music from XBMC library to iOS iDevice (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)0