Up and down navigation in settings dialog is all messed up
The main XBMC dialog settings navigation doesn't work as it should... Let's say you go to "Settings » Videos", then you click right to go to the menu items and start going down. When you reach the last time and press down once again, you'll be brought to the first menu item. If you press up, you should be brought to the last menu item.

The user experience with this kind of nanigation drops a lot for me...

I've tried to look in the skin files but can't find anything... Can anyone help me out fix this problem? It really bothers the hell out of me...
Nazgulled Wrote:The main XBMC dialog settings navigation doesn't work as it should... Let's say you go to "Settings » Videos", then you click right to go to the menu items and start going down. When you reach the last time and press down once again, you'll be brought to the first menu item. If you press up, you should be brought to the last menu item.

The user experience with this kind of nanigation drops a lot for me...

I've tried to look in the skin files but can't find anything... Can anyone help me out fix this problem? It really bothers the hell out of me...

Yeah this irritates me too. It's the same for the video OSD menus. I would love to be able to go up to reach the bottom option like in other skins.
Yeah, I never noticed those but they are also annoying... Actually, there are so tiny things that annoys me in this skin that I don't understand why they aren't fixed yet, things that people provide fixes and are still not included, how hard can it be? Every time I need to update the skin I need to keep merging this little fixes. I tried to use Git but I was a bit lost...

Oh well, I guess I have no choice... That's why I'm asking for help in a bunch of things (I'm creating one topic per issue), to see if any skinner can help me out at least to fix these irritating problems in my own version.
here you go guy's, i fixed this problem for my skin mod, but i have amended it for use with the original Aeon skin. just replace these 2 files in the 720p folder

Download Fix
Thanks.

And if you've got mods here's the changes andyblac found -

Customisation.xml
Code:
    <control type="grouplist" id="20">
        <include>Objects_SettingsControlAreaVars</include>
        <onup>10</onup>
        <ondown>10</ondown>
to
Code:
    <control type="grouplist" id="20">
        <onup>20</onup>
        <ondown>20</ondown>
Includes_Settings_LabelsButtons.xml
Code:
            <control type="button" id="10">
                <description>Purge</description>
                <posy>232</posy>
                <label>31244</label>
                <include>Objects_SettingsSectionMenuButton</include>
                <onup>9</onup>
                <ondown>11</ondown>
to
Code:
            <control type="button" id="10">
                <description>Purge</description>
                <posy>232</posy>
                <label>31244</label>
                <include>Objects_SettingsSectionMenuButton</include>
                <onup>9</onup>
                <ondown>6</ondown>
Actually, I had those fixed long time ago as you can see here but thanks for trying.

Anyway, that fixes the settings menu navigation, the left sidebar. I'm actually talking about the menu items, in the right area...

If someone could fix those it would be great, also the ones pointed out by mindweaver on the Video OSD and probably on the Music OSD.
Nobody else knows how to fix this problem?
Go to SettingsCategory.xml and change

Code:
        <control type="grouplist" id="5">
            <description>control area</description>
            [b]<onup>-</onup>[/b]

to

Code:
        <control type="grouplist" id="5">
            <description>control area</description>
            [b]<onup>5</onup>[/b]