Very basic colour question?
Question 
I started today at looking at skinning so I'm really a newbie on this. If I look in a skin subfolder colors I find a file called defaults.xml. In this file I see color names mapped to 4-byte hexadecimal numbers.

What I'm not able to find out is what kind of colour codes these 4-bytes represent. For RGB I only need 3 bytes; CMYK needs 4 numbers which are percentages, so they couldn't exceed the 100; HSV also only need 3 bytes. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Regards,

Max Brouwer
they are web colours mate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors

And

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&clien...f&oq=&aqi=

Just in case Smile

And a little thing I do is crack open Photoshop and on the left are the 2 little colour blocks, I usually just grab the colour I want from that menu that pops up and paste it after FF
Thanks for pointing me this out XBMCG33K
The information about web colours is also talking about a 3-byte colour number called a hex triplet.

So where is the fourth byte for in the color name?

I could just ignore the first byte if it was always the same number, but if I look in the defaults.xml from Project Mayhem III this is aparantly not the case.

It is not really, really important, but it does bug me...

So if someone knows the answer...

Thanks,

Max
First byte is the Alpha value
Thanks GreatAnt, but shouldn't the Alpha value be a number between and including 0 and 1?
I was a bit to quickly there. Thanks to you, GreatAnt1337 I've found someting called ARGB where the Alpha value is a byte. FF represents no transparancy and 00 represents full transparancy.

Thanks,

Max
Check out the skinning section in the online manual. I know a lot of it is a little long in the tooth (and offers to improve it are most welcome!) but it should definitely have information on this in there already.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hello Jonathan,

I had read an online document called Skinnig XBMC and because this didn't answer this colour question I dared to asked it here. Maybe this is not the online manual you meant?

My original intend was to modify the XBMC application itself but it appeared I needed more than just C++ knowledge to do that. The more I look into it the more XBMC impresses me. As a user a use XBMC on a daily basis and I'm very fond of it.

Thanks,

Max

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very basic colour question?0