Freezing/stuck when changing music
I'll update and have a try again. It might be that my problem isn't the same as yours :S
Think I've managed to hang it again.... this time with latest SVN 21183

http://pastebin.com/m64c98b3

Watched the same DTS movie and fiddled with the subtitles etc as before. This time no problems. Stopped the movie, went to Music and tried to play a song. XBMC hangs.

Interestingly my Onkyo AV receiver was in normal stereo mode before playing the film and I could hear minimeedia skin sounds. During the film my AV receiver changes to DTS as expected.

When stopping the film my AV receiver stays in DTS mode and I can no longer here any audio from the skin. So it's like the Mac carries on outputting the same audio stream type after stopping a movie and then fails to change to normal stereo for Music? Or it's unrelated to that and it's the same crash as before just triggered in a different way.
OSX handles hardware format changes in a very unpredictable way. There are 2 separate problems being encountered here. One is relatively easy to fix, the other is not.

I have not found a clean way to synchronize format changes after passthrough as of yet. Sometimes it manifests itself as a hang. Other times it simply causes problems when re-enabling GUI sounds.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Just for grins, disable GUI sounds and see if the hangs still happen.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

which one is the relative easy one ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Woah - just watched a dolby digital movie this time. Went into Appearance and tried to change the Navigation Sounds option.

XBMC crashed at that point
http://pastebin.com/d416a7389

that's the log. I'll restart and turn off the gui sounds. Then try to reproduce again

Justin
Ok restarted the mac mini and first thing I did was disable GUI sounds.

Played my DTS movie. Stopped it. Went into music. This time I can play a song without it hanging but I have NO audio whatsoever. AV receiver still shows DTS which is obviously wrong.....

Just noticed that a "Failed to initialise audio device" error appears top right. Here's the log:

http://pastebin.com/m2cc97395

Hope all this is helping guys.....
I am seriously thinking about downgrade back to RC1, back then I didn't have any problem at all...
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Well you can do that, but I'd rather help them fix the SVN so it's fixed when the next main release comes out.....

This is the risk you take when using the SVN branch Smile
Soul Wrote:Well you can do that, but I'd rather help them fix the SVN so it's fixed when the next main release comes out.....

This is the risk you take when using the SVN branch Smile

I know Sad

but everything was working so well for weeks, the problems start out of the blue.

And am starting to have seconds thoughts about buying a Mac mini.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
The Mini is nice, but struggles (under OSX) with high-bitrate VC1 content. It works fabulously with VDPAU under linux, so I just boot that for 'Theater-Mode'.

The issue you are seeing came in with the new CoreAudio code, so it didn't quite come out of the blue. We are working hard to getting the code tightened up before the next stable release, so keep the reports coming...

Hope it gets fixed soon - it's a bit of a pain only being able to play 1 thing before having to restart XBMC Smile

Do you need any more logs, or have you enough to go on? If I'm just pasting the same things over and over then there won't be much point.

Cheers,

Justin
One thing that would help would be the use of a 'less noisy' skin when capturing the log. Aeon spams the debug log like craze and makes it more difficult to see what was actually happening...

reaven Wrote:I haven't get the error since I update to svn 21183

Did the issue resurface? If so, I do not have a current debug log from you. Please post one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freezing/stuck when changing music0